• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS361 arctic all stock

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windthrown

361 Junkie
Reaction score
Stihl MS361 Arctic model saw, made in Germany, stock/all OEM, $385, power head only (no bar, no chain), + you pay for the ride. Paypal F&F only, or cash on my porch.

OK, so... I bought this saw from a guy in Canada a while ago. It is an all stock and all OEM 361 Arctic made in Germany. It has a tad more get up and go and better response than my other USA made 361 saws, and it has an aluminum top handle. It also has the megneto in it with heated handles and carb, as well as a switch to turn it on and off. I pulled the muffler and it has the cleanest P&C of any 361 I have ever bought used. There is no scoring. It starts and runs fine. I put a new NGK plug in it, and I trimmed the limiter tabs and re-tuned it to my altitude at 1200 ft. I have only run it with supreme non-ethanol gas and JASO FD oil. It blows at 170+# on the compression tester. I tore down enough to see that the P&C are OEM, as are all the other parts on this saw.

I cannot tell if the heated handles work or not. It has not gotten cold enough here to try it and tell if that stuff works. I do not have the time to deal with this now, as my mother is taking an enormous amount of my time. She has dementia and I have to battle with the assisted living place that she lives in on a daily basis. So, back to the saw: it has a few dings in the top cover and had a break in the chain brake paddle that has been repaired with plastic weld and it works fine. It also has slight chipping around the plastic dust cover around the brake drum. You can get a new aftermarket brake kit on Ebay if you want to replace these brake parts (handle and cover plus all the other brake parts) for $20. I did not see the need to do that though. It also has scuffing on the lower top cover grip wearing through to the heater. It also has a slight depression on the front of the muffler, but that does not affect how it runs at all. I have not modified the muffler on this saw, it has not been dicked with or otherwise modified, except for trimming off the carb limiter tabs so it can be properly tuned.

This is a sweet saw, and I am selling it as a base model 361. If the heaters work, it is a more valuable saw to someone in a cold climate. I have no need for heated handles or carbs here, and I have several other 361 saws. I have also had a lot of other 361 saws. This is a good one. If you want a shelf queen, this is not it. If you want an all OEM German made stock 60cc saw that runs great, or you want a 361 that you can modify, this is a goodie. I run 25 inch bars on these saws with no problem. In hardwood, you may want to drop it down to a 20 inch. Pictures to follow...

Stihl MS361 Arctic model saw, made in Germany, stock/all OEM, $385, power head only (no bar, no chain), + you pay for the ride. Paypal F&F only, or cash on my porch.

OK, so... I bought this saw from a guy in Canada a while ago. It is an all stock and all OEM 361 Arctic made in Germany. It has a tad more get up and go and better response than my other USA made 361 saws, and it has an aluminum top handle. It also has the megneto in it with heated handles and carb, as well as a switch to turn it on and off. I pulled the muffler and it has the cleanest P&C of any 361 I have ever bought used. There is no scoring. It starts and runs fine. I put a new NGK plug in it, and I trimmed the limiter tabs and re-tuned it to my altitude at 1200 ft. I have only run it with supreme non-ethanol gas and JASO FD oil. It blows at 165# on the compression tester. I tore down enough to see that the P&C are OEM, as are all the other parts on this saw.

I cannot tell if the heated handles work or not. It has not gotten cold enough here to try it and tell if that stuff works. I do not have the time to deal with this now, as my mother is taking an enormous amount of my time. She has dementia and I have to battle with the assisted living place that she lives in on a daily basis. So, back to the saw: it has a few dings in the top cover and had a break in the chain brake paddle that has been repaired with plastic weld and it works fine. It also has slight chipping around the plastic dust cover around the brake drum. You can get a new aftermarket brake kit on Ebay if you want to replace these brake parts (handle and cover plus all the other brake parts) for $20. I did not see the need to do that though. It also has scuffing on the lower top cover grip wearing through to the heater. It also has a slight depression on the front of the muffler, but that does not affect how it runs at all. I have not modified the muffler on this saw, it has not been dicked with or otherwise modified, except for trimming off the carb limiter tabs so it can be properly tuned.

This is a sweet saw, and I am selling it as a base model 361. You fix the heaters, and it is a more valuable saw. I have no need for heated handles here, and I have several other 361 saws. I have also had a lot of other 361 saws. This is a good one. If you want a shelf queen, this is not it. If you want an all OEM stock saw that runs great, or you want a 361 that you can modify, this is a goodie. I run 25 inch bars on these saws with no problem. In hardwood, you may want to drop it down to a 20 inch. Pictures to follow...
Sorry to hear about your Mom WT.
We went home to the in laws and I had my FIL who also has dementia "helping" me put plastic on the windows. It was a bit of a task, not the windows, so I feel for you. I figure we have to do the best we can as one day we will be in a similar position :).

GLWS.

Sorry to hear about your Mom WT.
We went home to the in laws and I had my FIL who also has dementia "helping" me put plastic on the windows. It was a bit of a task, not the windows, so I feel for you. I figure we have to do the best we can as one day we will be in a similar position :).

GLWS.

Dementia is certainly a tough thing to deal with for loved ones. Also assisted living is a sham IMO. These people will run roughshod through you and they get huge amounts of money for tiny rooms and crappy food and care. Fortunately my mom had assisted living insurance and she is living on that now. And I am there to fight them for her every step of her way. It is a tough battle.

I do not have assisted living insurance, and I cannot afford it. Rather than put up with what my mom has to, if I get dementia I will walk out on the glacier before a big winter storm and that will be the end of me. Another Popsicle on a big Cascade mountain. God willing that I live that long. Robin Williams actually did the right thing, IMO. He was sadly mis-diagnosed with Parkinsons, (common) and his autopsy showed that he actually had Lewy Body Dementia, which is what my mom has. There is no cure for that. It is second only to Alzheimer's in dementia diagnoses. *shudder*

brett / i had too work at factory 10 hrs yesterday / so i got home late

brett its finally getting cold where we can pound out some logs / weather man saying bellow zero / might have to dust of jred with heated handles / hope all works out on ms 361 artic saw

you still have saw

Yah, I still have it. I had some PMs interested in it yesterday. I still have not had time to debug it, but I figured out that with the carb heater, there is a thermo switch on it that cuts out at about 55 degrees. So if the saw is not cold, the carb heater does not come on. I tested and found that the carb heater thermo switch works, and the on/of switch works. I have not pulled the flywheel to look at the generator. So for now, its still for sale as a plain German made 361 with the arctic options.

And yes, I have been busy with my mother. The family is sticking me with everything managing my mom now. My oldest brother has disowned my mother completely and the rest of the family are always too busy to do anything. Sadly she is past knowing what reality is any more and I am having to move her into a memory care place. She is not happy with that.

Yah, I still have it. I had some PMs interested in it yesterday. I still have not had time to debug it, but I figured out that with the carb heater, there is a thermo switch on it that cuts out at about 55 degrees. So if the saw is not cold, the carb heater does not come on. I tested and found that the carb heater thermo switch works, and the on/of switch works. I have not pulled the flywheel to look at the generator. So for now, its still for sale as a plain German made 361 with the arctic options.

And yes, I have been busy with my mother. The family is sticking me with everything managing my mom now. My oldest brother has disowned my mother completely and the rest of the family are always too busy to do anything. Sadly she is past knowing what reality is any more and I am having to move her into a memory care place. She is not happy with that.
Very sorry to hear all that.
Prayers sent:bowdown:.

Latest posts

Back