Stihl MS362 muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremeplayer69

Reaction score
I'm looking for any information on the muffler mod on the Stihl ms362. I search threads I find information but none of the pics or links work anymore. Some links leave me your other websites but as soon as I go there there's no information. I have a recently rebuilt chainsaw and I'm like to do the muffler mod on it as it's a little beefier than stock. if anyone also does these and has them available to purchase I be interested in that as well.

I used a Dremel to cut a 1/2 x 3/4 inch hole in the side opposite of the factory outlet , covered it with a piece of metal window screen to keep the bugs out (no concern with sparks here) and a DIY deflector to direct the exhaust forward. I think I calculated that size opening, plus the factory outlet which I left unchanged, to be ~75% of the exhaust port area. Pulled the limiters and retuned of course. This is an original 362 - not sure if the newer ones have the identical muffler.

I go 80% of exhaust opening. Maker sure you open up any baffles you may have in the muffler as well. My last muff mod. You can zoom in and see the pipe I welded in. I have some stainless mesh I have to fit up yet to keep crap out of the exhaust.

Attachments

• 20200618_172840.jpg
    20200618_172840.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 28
I used a Dremel to cut a 1/2 x 3/4 inch hole in the side opposite of the factory outlet , covered it with a piece of metal window screen to keep the bugs out (no concern with sparks here) and a DIY deflector to direct the exhaust forward. I think I calculated that size opening, plus the factory outlet which I left unchanged, to be ~75% of the exhaust port area. Pulled the limiters and retuned of course. This is an original 362 - not sure if the newer ones have the identical muffler.
Any pics? This is a non mtronic 362.

Back