Stihl MS362 OEM Carb Hunt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logeeland

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am looking for a NEW OEM replacement carb for my MS362. Rebuilding it is not an issue. I can do it in my sleep but before doing it I wanted to see if someone had a new one lying around or could get one at a good price. The part number for the carb is 1140 120 0600.

I have a nice used one and an OEM kit for it that I never got around to installing.
One of the guys didn't get the filter back on right and I ended replacing the carb to get back in the wood and still have the project carb waiting.
$45 shipped?

I have a nice used one and an OEM kit for it that I never got around to installing.
One of the guys didn't get the filter back on right and I ended replacing the carb to get back in the wood and still have the project carb waiting.
$45 shipped?
OEM Stihl rebuild or Walbro? I am asking since the Stihl kit comes with more.

Bringing back an old thread! Im on the hunt for a carb and kit now for the ms 362. The throttle shaft has been busted and its missing all the metering diaphragm's and gaskets. Even with carb problems and not so fancy gouges. I still did good at $85

Please give us more information about your MS 362, there are a lot of changes and a lot of different versions (non m-tronic and m-tronic versions, model updates etc). Which model do you exactly have, serial number, built date etc. A lot of things, depending on the revision are not interchangeable between older and newer version.

This shaft is broken, im missing all the gaskets and diaphragm's for the carb. The fuel tank has jb weld on one side, possibly a repair? So on the market for one of those as well. And from my understanding there are multiple saws whose parts are compatible with this saw. Not just the ms 362.

Attachments

• 20180823_102909.jpg
    20180823_102909.jpg
    848.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180822_132604.jpg
    20180822_132604.jpg
    745.5 KB · Views: 10
The throttle shaft is part no. 1140 120 7100 on carb WTE-8A, WTE-18, WTE-22. Have a look on your carburetor which one you have. Diaphragm and gasket kit is 1140 007 1004. Also have a good look at the seat of the throttle shaft in the carb body. If it`s worn, it`s better to buy a whole new carb or you may have an air leak with all the risks of engine damage.

Latest posts

Back