Stihl ms362 or Echo 620P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapman

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried both saws. Read tons of reviews, but looking for opinions from experts giving these saws a real workout.

Thanks

Don't know about the 620 but as a homeowner with forested back 40 a stihl 044 and an ms360 both cut like hot knife through butter with RS chains

the 620p is a very strong saw in its class-- i also like the MS361.

now the ms362 that is another matter -- i don't know what a MS362 costs --i would probably take a dolmar 6100 over the 362--- i think the 362 is overpriced for what it is.

my favorite stihl is the 044/ms440

Spoke with a gentleman yesterday who sells the Echo and Stihl out west. Says Echos have never caught on really, but he has sold hundreds of 362s, with very happy customers. Have a great dealer/repair shop for the Stihl near me, too. So guess I'm leaning that way now.

a nice ms361 came up on the saws for sale threads a little bit ago at a very fair price. If you want new 362 but I love my stihls but I'm just a nooby homeowner who does not like to have to mess with equipment when I need to get a job done.

stihls are over-hyped and overpriced these days.

i have had some good stihls . but i have got some junk in a stihl box too. i think the older ones were better.

a lot of their dealers act like your a doctor taking a benz to the shop for a out of warranty repair.

stihl thinks they OWN their "loyal fans". other brands may be as bad , but at least you don't have to pay through the nose for the brand snobbery.

Echo is better value. I just bought a 620 and am very happy with it. Got it on the 20% off day at a local dealer for $473.00 out the door.
It's a little heavy but it cuts like a demon.

Latest posts

Back