• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl MS362cm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wasn't straight gas. My most recent use of it was with 1 week old premium octane ethanol free gas mixed with a tiny orange bottle of stihl oil (so proportions were proper with 1 bottle to 1 gallon). I'm very curious myself, but didn't want to spend the time or money (I've never re-built a saw) to figure it out. So, at this point my best guess is an air leak, but that is only a guess. Stihl didn't bother to return my e-mail, and it has been about a month now since writing to them. So, apparently they don't care about the issue or me as a customer. That said, maybe they hear sob stories from people all the time who have straight gassed their saws but claim otherwise? I am the second owner of the saw though, so it is possible that it had bad things happen to it before it was mine. I'm sure that Stihl doesn't prefer that folks buy used saws either. I didn't mention that the saw was not purchased new in my e-mail to them though. In any case, hopefully the new owner has good luck with getting it back up and running and will share what they find out. P.S. regarding the gas, I was also running an MS261 from the same gas can and it had zero issues. I'm 100% confident it wasn't a bad fuel issue. I'm not sure if I would feel better or worse if it was though.

Latest posts

Back