• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS460 Magnum $425.00 Shipped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustinwilt68

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This was a local trade in, has brand new OEM bearings and seals, the top end is aftermarket and was ported locally, saw runs gd. Please PM me with any questions.

Attachments

• 20170109_172002.jpg
    20170109_172002.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 215
  • 20170109_172011.jpg
    20170109_172011.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 214
  • 20170109_172020.jpg
    20170109_172020.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 185
I have messaged the seller but I feel this needs to be posted in public as well since it's advertised condition was as well.

This saw is not even close to as advertised. It was advertised as being OEM except for the top end, and the bearings and seals being specifically pointed out as being OEM. It has a full aftermarket clutch kit (including bearing) and the case gasket is obviously an aftermarket because Stihl case gaskets are green.

The saw was also received soaked in fresh bar oil.

I have requested a full refund as well as the seller sending a label for return shipping. Unless he has a very good explanation for it being represented as having OEM gaskets and seals and bearings then I would suggest that everyone refrains from doing business with him.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
I have mesage you back, and no where did I state that there were no aftermarket parts, the bearings and seals are OEM as I said, and the top end is aftermarket AS I SAID, I never asked about the clutch assembly, had I known I would have disclosed it. I do not feel this is an appropriate response to post in a forum before giving me time to respond. I am disappointed by this.

I have mesage you back, and no where did I state that there were no aftermarket parts, the bearings and seals are OEM as I said, and the top end is aftermarket AS I SAID, I never asked about the clutch assembly, had I known I would have disclosed it. I do not feel this is an appropriate response to post in a forum before giving me time to respond. I am disappointed by this.

Is the case seal not a seal? That part is obviously aftermarket and you can tell I'm the pic. Stihl case seals are green and are obvious.

You're dissapointed, how do you think I feel? You sold me a saw that was not as you advertised. If you're going to sell stuff like this whether it was malicious or not, people need to know.

I have messaged the seller but I feel this needs to be posted in public as well since it's advertised condition was as well.

This saw is not even close to as advertised. It was advertised as being OEM except for the top end, and the bearings and seals being specifically pointed out as being OEM. It has a full aftermarket clutch kit (including bearing) and the case gasket is obviously an aftermarket because Stihl case gaskets are green.

The saw was also received soaked in fresh bar oil.

I have requested a full refund as well as the seller sending a label for return shipping. Unless he has a very good explanation for it being represented as having OEM gaskets and seals and bearings then I would suggest that everyone refrains from doing business with him.

Did you post this before hearing back from Dustin? If so, that's pretty lame. As Dustin pointed out, it doesn't say anything about the clutch assembly being OEM or not. If you wanted to know exactly what was OEM and what wasn't, you should have asked specifically.

I just bought a saw from Dustin. Great price, shipped immediately, saw is in as-advertised condition. My saw also had some bar oil on it. It is however a chainsaw, so that didn't bother me in the least.

Is the case seal not a seal? That part is obviously aftermarket and you can tell I'm the pic. Stihl case seals are green and are obvious.

You're dissapointed, how do you think I feel? You sold me a saw that was not as you advertised. If you're going to sell stuff like this whether it was malicious or not, people need to know.

I can understand why you would be upset, but I really think you should thoroughly try to work it out with the seller privately before posting publicly. I would be very surprised if Dustin didn't make every attempt to make you a happy customer.

Once again, the ad DOES mention OEM seals and bearings. The clutch bearing is aftermarket, as is the case seal. I'm not pulling the same apart to check crank bearings and seals when it's obvious that this much is aftermarket. This saw was misrepresented. What's lame is dumping off saws and making statements that aren't accurate.

As I said, whether malicious intent or not, people have the right to know. If he wants to make this right he can refund my payment in full and send a label for return shipping.

I can understand why you would be upset, but I really think you should thoroughly try to work it out with the seller privately before posting publicly. I would be very surprised if Dustin didn't make every attempt to make you a happy customer.

We will see, the ball is in his court. There is only one outcome to this situation I will accept and that is a full refund and return.

As I stated just send me your paypal info, I will include return shipping cost, I would like to think that a response be personal first, and if not happy with the result, then you post in the forum, just the way I do business. I have sold 75 saws at least on hear and this is the fort unhappy person, I try to list all that I know. But sometimes things get past me. I apologize for that.

Once again, the ad DOES mention OEM seals and bearings. The clutch bearing is aftermarket, as is the case seal. I'm not pulling the same apart to check crank bearings and seals when it's obvious that this much is aftermarket. This saw was misrepresented. What's lame is dumping off saws and making statements that aren't accurate.

As I said, whether malicious intent or not, people have the right to know. If he wants to make this right he can refund my payment in full and send a label for return shipping.

I think you two are fighting over what is an honest mistake. When he says bearings and seals, I assume case bearings and those seals, he may not have known about the case seal either. I would give the seller a chance to work things out before trashing him in public. He has sold a lot of saws I have seen and this is the first sign of trouble. Give the guy a chance to make things right before going after him.

And honestly, do you really think the clutch bearing and drum means much to reliability long term. Those aftermarket drums and bearings are usually Oregon, which it looks like you have from your pic, are still very high quality and OEM for Husqvarna, and I think maybe Dolmar in the US.

From what I see here, you're the one no one will do business with ever again. You need to learn how to speak to someone.

Why, is this the norm here?

Again I do not have any indication of malicious intent from Mr.Wilt therefor I will not assume there is any nor do I believe there is any.

There is evevidence of gross negligence however. Mr.Wilt admitted that he got this saw from someone who rebuilt it (whom he claims to know) and took his word on the stated condition without doing even a simple inspection that would show that at least not all of the bearings and seals are not OEM as his seller claimed. It's blatantly obvious that the case seal and clutch bearing are not OEM, a 5 minute inspection showed this.

I make my living selling online and I did not have to learn a lesson in order to know that you need to know what you're selling or word it to cover your ass and not make any false claims. The fact is that it could have been advertised after a proper inspection and it would have still been a ok price, I would not have bought it however.

Mr.Wilt had offered a refund and so long as it's a direct refund and he pays all return shipping costs I will be satisfied, but so long as he is selling saws on here buyers still need to be aware that he did not do a proper inspection and offer an accurate description on this particular saw. Hopefully from here out he does.

I have sent the full refund and return shipping fees, I also paid the fees to paypal, just in case the item is returned not the way it was sent out, you have to be careful with parts swappers, I usually dnt sell to lurkers. I have tried to make this as right as I can, and again I apologize if I misrepresented anything. I do try and inspect as best I can, I never thought to pull it and check the clutch, never been asked to before, but I will from now on, it is common here to use Oregon cluthes, never crossed my mind that someone would mind a different brand clutch. I DO know the seller and the shop that did the work, this saw does have OEM CRANK bearings and seals, I should have been more specific when stating which bearings. Hope the buyer is happy wit his refund and we can booth move on.

Why, is this the norm here?
I'm not saying that you're wrong for wanting full disclosure and I can see why you'd be a little irked. I'm saying that openly bashing the integrity and honesty of a reputable seller for the world to see should be your last resort if all else fails in trying to remedy this situation.

Clearly, from Dustin's responses, he was more than willing to right the wrongs that occurred and responded swiftly. Why would he try to pull a fast one in selling this saw on a forum that has more knowledge about chainsaws than 99% of the rest of the world?

I'm a noob here, but even I know that it's bad form to write something publicly that would harm the reputation of a person on here that has as many likes as messages without working with the seller 1 on 1. Work your problems out privately and, like I said before, if that doesn't work then you'd be supported in your public warning.

Just my opinion. Glad you got everything worked out though.

I would completely agree with this posting, I think that a response back in less then an hour is considered prompt, I want all buyers to be happy with what I sell them, just as I want to be happy with selling it to them. I expect the same respect when I am the buyer. He is new here so I am going to forget about it, but I hope in the future he tries to work out any issues privately first.
I'm not saying that you're wrong for wanting full disclosure and I can see why you'd be a little irked. I'm saying that openly bashing the integrity and honesty of a reputable seller for the world to see should be your last resort if all else fails in trying to remedy this situation.

Clearly, from Dustin's responses, he was more than willing to right the wrongs that occurred and responded swiftly. Why would he try to pull a fast one in selling this saw on a forum that has more knowledge about chainsaws than 99% of the rest of the world?

I'm a noob here, but even I know that it's bad form to write something publicly that would harm the reputation of a person on here that has as many likes as messages without working with the seller 1 on 1. Work your problems out privately and, like I said before, if that doesn't work then you'd be supported in your public warning.

Just my opinion. Glad you got everything worked out though.

Back