Stihl ms461 vs Husqvarna 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which saw?

• Total voters
Im looking to buy new. The dealer that gives me the best prices sells both Stihl and Husqvarna. But seems to recommend Stihl over husky. So i was thinking either the ms362c, 562xp, or 555. I know enough to maintain my equipment, but a warranty is still something that is important.
Any thoughts on these saws? power? any issues? Compared to eachother.
Now i know some are gona mention the Dolmar 6100, but i haven't really found a good dealer close to me.

So heres an update. My dealer just txted me and said he has an ms361 he is building, putting a new carb, crank seals, all rubber parts, and a new piston in. All oem parts for $370 with a 20 inch bar and he will warranty it for 2 years. I was pretty set on just getting brand new. but for almost $300 less then a new 362c its very tempting.

If you are just cutting firewood ,your back will like the 361 over the bigger powerheads after several hours .361 or a 440 ,is a good firewood setup

They are all excellent saws, sounds like you have a good dealer willing to give you a very good warranty on his rebuilt saw that would save you a lot of money, but for $300 more you could have a brand new 562 with a 4 year warranty, I know what I would do.

GO FOR IT! That saw is EPIC! I have one and love it and my local tree service guy swears by his. There is no question at that price, especially with the dealer back up. PERIOD, No more questions, unless you are giving away a 562 . If you don't buy it, let me know, I will.

That 371 video sure impressed me !

GO FOR IT! That saw is EPIC! I have one and love it and my local tree service guy swears by his. There is no question at that price, especially with the dealer back up. PERIOD, No more questions, unless you are giving away a 562 . If you don't buy it, let me know, I will.

The Rattler'd 371 is the one saw I will always keep... High revving and gets there FAST... I had a 562 and I'd have Mike build me a 371 any day of the week... and I can work on it with no software :)

How did your 361 buy turn out? End up getting it?

Nobody is answering the question correctly. 1.) We are not going to modify a new saw this would be silly. 2.) Asking a logger is silly as well because no one cuts timber with a chain saw any more. They use heavy machinery. I know someone will say they do but generally speaking no one does. 3.) The cutting time is also a moot point the difference would be NOTHING.
What we want a response from someone who is a chainsaw mechanic, someone with an outdoor wood stove or tree professional who has used both saws.
The real question is between a MS 461 or 372 xp x-torque which one is probably still running well 10 years later? Please respond if you know the answer only.

Nobody is answering the question correctly. 1.) We are not going to modify a new saw this would be silly. 2.) Asking a logger is silly as well because no one cuts timber with a chain saw any more. They use heavy machinery. I know someone will say they do but generally speaking no one does. 3.) The cutting time is also a moot point the difference would be NOTHING.
What we want a response from someone who is a chainsaw mechanic, someone with an outdoor wood stove or tree professional who has used both saws.
The real question is between a MS 461 or 372 xp x-torque which one is probably still running well 10 years later? Please respond if you know the answer only.
I have a tree service and have run the 461 stihl and the 372xp older model. I sold all my stihl and run nothing but husky. my go to saw is a 365 xp with 20 in bar. my second saw is 372 xp with 24 in bar. I use a 357xp I run some. if I was going to by husky I would make sure and buy a xp version. for me the sthil just didn't cut as good. I am 65 and still carry the 365 xp all the time. I'm my opinion the 365 xp is a great choice for the work you talked about.

Latest posts

Back