• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS660 MS461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning sir :drinkingcoffee:.
No real need to do that, the 460 is the same basic saw and just as capable. You know @Groundman One has had his for 10 years I think now and loves his 460, putting it through the paces day in and day out when he's not out using his ergo shovel :laugh:. Maybe he will let us know if any real world differences he's experienced, but I've not noticed anything that would make me feel as though I need to have a 461 over a 460 except maybe the resale value, but you loose that buying them lol.
Now maybe if you'd like to send me some cash for this one and have it sent to Tennessee then you'd see a little difference :chainsaw:.
Be safe out there buddy and thanks for keeping the roads safe for us :).

I bought a 461 because SA told me to. :p "Pffft!"

Real world differences between the two... the 461 feels a bit sleeker, and you may qualify that statement as you see fit, but both the 460 and the 461 are main battle tanks. I love them both. My 460 has thousands of hours and ****loads of abuse heaped on it and it runs like a charm. Time will tell if the 461 has that kind of guts.

I like having both. :yes:

Real world differences between the two... the 461 feels a bit sleeker, and you may qualify that statement as you see fit, but both the 460 and the 461 are main battle tanks. I love them both. My 460 has thousands of hours and ****loads of abuse heaped on it and it runs like a charm. Time will tell if the 461 has that kind of guts.

Thanks for adding your northernly wisdom to my post :D.
Now clean that kitchen, in those pictures Mark posted it was looking pretty rough :laugh:.

Good morning sir :drinkingcoffee:.
No real need to do that, the 460 is the same basic saw and just as capable. You know @Groundman One has had his for 10 years I think now and loves his 460, putting it through the paces day in and day out when he's not out using his ergo shovel :laugh:. Maybe he will let us know if any real world differences he's experienced, but I've not noticed anything that would make me feel as though I need to have a 461 over a 460 except maybe the resale value, but you loose that buying them lol.
Now maybe if you'd like to send me some cash for this one and have it sent to Tennessee then you'd see a little difference :chainsaw:.
Be safe out there buddy and thanks for keeping the roads safe for us :).
Well thanks friend, I don't plan or want to get rid of my 460.............it's like talking yourself into a new rig lol. I'd love to send you some cash for the 461 and send it to Tennessee for some this and that treatment :rock::rock::chainsaw::chainsaw: but that ain't happening any time soon haha

Good to know man, I didn't figure there would be a lot of difference other than your want letting you believe it to be 'better' than what you have lol. I want both a 461 and 661 to park alongside my 460...........you guys know how that goes

Welcome.
We are supposed to have a child like faith, it's what keeps us young. I'm constantly awaiting things I've not yet seen in person but only from a distance to come my way too.
I loaned out my compressor to a buddy earlier this week so it was sent out a little dirtier than normal.20161229_123725.jpg20161229_123335.jpg

Just wanted to follow up Brett shipped the saw as scheduled yesterday. Held off a few days due to my schedule. Very easy to deal with and does exactly what he says.
I should see her Tuesday, I'm like a child waiting on a toy.

I'm way too old to be this excited!

Thanks Brett! Aka chipper1

Well ??

I recieved her yesterday!

Sorry no pics yet guys, it has been raining pretty hard the last two days so no play time either. I may get a chance today!

I did put a bar and chain on and crank her up. You can tell when a piece of equipment has been well cared for and this has. I would highly recommend a saw from Chipper1, honest guy, does what he says and quick shipping. And for the record if this is a dirty saw a clean one from him must be NIB.

Oh and just cranking her up put a big smile on my face!

I also just got a Stihl 28" ES bar and 28 Stihl chain from him and he already shipped it. I told him no hurry but it shipped yesterday. So now I have the perfect set up for my cutting needs.
I almost want to sell my 362c-m and buy either the 461 above or IIRC he still has a ported 440. I need to get off these sites!!!
Be safe gents, Rye.

I also just got a Stihl 28" ES bar and 28 Stihl chain from him and he already shipped it. I told him no hurry but it shipped yesterday. So now I have the perfect set up for my cutting needs.
I almost want to sell my 362c-m and buy either the 461 above or IIRC he still has a ported 440. I need to get off these sites!!!
Be safe gents, Rye.
Thanks Ryan.
Not that I want to enable, but everyone should have a good 2 saw plan, that is until they have a 3 saw plan...:laugh:.
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/ms362cm.304653/#post-6102855

Is that 461 wrap handle for sale? If so what are you looking to get for it and how much run time does it have?

Is that 461 wrap handle for sale? If so what are you looking to get for it and how much run time does it have?
Almost always for the right price :).
Very little, it's not even broke in yet, it's pretty new and was only purchase from the dealer a few months ago.
Feel feee to send me a PM.
20170104_100035.jpg

Be safe gents, Rye.

Hello neighbor,

Welcome to AS and congrats on the 660! You would have been hard pressed to buy from a better member than Brett. I have often been on the fence about the 460/461 and 660/661. But once ported the older models will run circles around the newer ones anyway. Plus you are kind of married to them price wise after porting. I figured that there will always be a newer model coming along, but they don't make any more of the classics like the 044/064/066, so I kept what I had and went that direction instead.

Now what you need to do is send your 362 to TN. When you get it back, you will forget all about wanting a 4 series saw. Pulls a 20-24" bar with ease, less vibes and 1/2 the weight for only $350. ;)

Cheers!
Scott

Hello neighbor,

Welcome to AS and congrats on the 660! You would have been hard pressed to buy from a better member than Brett. I have often been on the fence about the 460/461 and 660/661. But once ported the older models will run circles around the newer ones anyway. Plus you are kind of married to them price wise after porting. I figured that there will always be a newer model coming along, but they don't make any more of the classics like the 044/064/066, so I kept what I had and went that direction instead.

Now what you need to do is send your 362 to TN. When you get it back, you will forget all about wanting a 4 series saw. Pulls a 20-24" bar with ease, less vibes and 1/2 the weight for only $350. ;)

Cheers!
Scott
Thanks Scott.

IMG_0425.JPG Just to add, big smile and some noodleing today. Saw is in great shape, heck it looks darn near new, runs great, but sure is thirsty, lol.
Wears a 28" bar perfectly and keeps pulling even when I lean on her. Great saw and I'm very happy with the deal and entire process with Brett aka Chipper1. Only issue is he has way to many nice saws I want.
My wife laughed her tail off, she didn't believe me it was a "Magnum". She's impressed at the size of this saw.

Have a great weekend Gents, and be safe. Rye.

View attachment 548797 Just to add, big smile and some noodleing today. Saw is in great shape, heck it looks darn near new, runs great, but sure is thirsty, lol.
Wears a 28" bar perfectly and keeps pulling even when I lean on her. Great saw and I'm very happy with the deal and entire process with Brett aka Chipper1. Only issue is he has way to many nice saws I want.
My wife laughed her tail off, she didn't believe me it was a "Magnum". She's impressed at the size of this saw.

Have a great weekend Gents, and be safe. Rye.
I'm thinking you should get her one also, birthday gift maybe ;).
Glad your enjoying the saw.
Thanks for the great communication :).

Latest posts

Back