• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.
  • Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

SOLD!!!! Stihl MS660 MS461

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
Oh boy, I just picked up the 461.
I couldn't resist! Now I have to see if I'm man enough to use it as my full time saw. It's replacing a 362cm that I liked a lot but I'm a sucker for power. Once I cut with the 660 I knew the 362 was gonna have to be ported or traded up.
Hope I made a good choice!

Ugh I need to go to Betty Ford for chainsaws.

Brett has way to many cool saws and is way to easy to work with.
Ya...Brett is a tride & true CAD codependent...hard to "buck" the habit with his saw repertoire

Drptrch

Drptrch

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yeah well it started with a SuperSplit HD. Then I needed a little bigger saw to noodle some of the larger stuff I've had laying around. I really like my 362CM but with a 25" bar you have to finesse things. (I carry a sledge hammer on all calls in the Fire Department, not cause it's cool but because it fits my mentality. If it don't work get a bigger hammer.)
So I purchased the 660 and while it is complete overkill with only a 28" bar it sure as heck makes me smile.
Then I thought maybe I should try Brett's ported 440, but ultimately decided the 461 would be next.

That escalated quickly, lol.
So now I have 3 saws. My rational side says I can use the 461 for everything and sell my 362/660. My dumb man side says never sell the 660 because I always wanted a big Stihl and while not practical you only live once. Lastly the moron in me says keep all 3.

The good news is they are all quality saws and with the prices I got them for it wouldn't be hard to break even or close too it if I had to sell 1 or 2 of them.

So time will tell but at 40 years old I haven't really grown up and I'll always be a bit of a moron. Lmao.
It only gets worse, I'm a 51 y/o FireMedic and I don't even have any trees on my property

Carry on my friend

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
It only gets worse, I'm a 51 y/o FireMedic and I don't even have any trees on my property

Carry on my friend
Ryan don't believe a word he says, he's got CAD so bad he's forgotten who he can trust. Those pictures only begin to show how bad he's infected :laugh:.
When do you want that scabbard :D.

Drptrch

Drptrch

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ryan don't believe a word he says, he's got CAD so bad he's forgotten who he can trust. Those pictures only begin to show how bad he's infected :laugh:.
When do you want that scabbard :D.
As soon as Ryan buys the 288

Yeah I saw you added another, took only 10 min

Next possibly

But I'll need 2 of the scabbards for the bar

RyeThomas

RyeThomas

ArboristSite Operative
Oh no it gets worse! It's nice to see people with 10-15 saws, if nothing else it makes me feel better about my newly acquired addiction. Then I get jealous of all their toys, ha.

Thanks guys, have a great rest of the week and be safe. Rye.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
I really think I need those heated handles. It gets below 70 and my hands start getting cold
For sure Lee.
Another advantage is the full wrap which can be very beneficial when felling large cactus with odd shapes as it will give you options you may not have with a standard handlebar o_O.

LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
For sure Lee.
Another advantage is the full wrap which can be very beneficial when felling large cactus with odd shapes as it will give you options you may not have with a standard handlebar o_O.
I was thinking metal plates on each side like old artillery would be nice to protect my hands too