• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS660 MS461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
As stated above I have a nice looking 660 & 461 for sale.
I just got a 461R that will be doing the job of both for a bit while I'm getting cash together for a pole barn. Unless I need more cash for the barn, then maybe it will go up too :surprised3:, hopefully not.
Looking to get $750 for the 660 PHO plus shipping and $725 for the 461 PHO plus shipping. I can ship from NW Ohio if I know soon or could even meet in that area(just ask if you are within an reasonable drive like an hr or 2 away) if either will save someone on shipping.
Many of you may have seen me communicating with other folks on these saws but no one has committed to either of them at this point.
Pictures coming after dinner :sweet:.
Thanks,
Brett

that thing has lines all across it! 350 shipped is the most i will do. i am in the spirit of helping others!:yes:
Ok Gary that sounds great. When I get back to the house I'll pull the piston and ring and have it on the way to you Monday :D. Do you want it insured :laugh:.
Or I can sand those lines off if that will get me more money for it:laughing:.

Thanks maulhead.
I've owned a good number of the 460/461's and always enjoy running them.

Last winter I had a brand new stock 461, and my Mastermind ported 461.

The ported one spoiled me, :) So I cut the stock one loose.

Great running saws, porting them just takes them to a new level.

Last winter I had a brand new stock 461, and my Mastermind ported 461.

The ported one spoiled me, :) So I cut the stock one loose.

Great running saws, porting them just takes them to a new level.
I can only imagine, Randy builds a mean saw.
The 460/461 are strong as it is, you are truly spoiled :).
My ported 044 is the one that spoils me, it pulls right along side the 460/461 and in the smaller wood passes it. I normally run a 20" e bar on it so it's a very light 70cc class saw. I'm sure the 461 ported would walk the dog with a 28" B&C and would be a riot with a 24".

I can only imagine, Randy builds a mean saw.
The 460/461 are strong as it is, you are truly spoiled :).
My ported 044 is the one that spoils me, it pulls right along side the 460/461 and in the smaller wood passes it. I normally run a 20" e bar on it so it's a very light 70cc class saw. I'm sure the 461 ported would walk the dog with a 28" B&C and would be a riot with a 24".
Hey there Brett, I've been wanting to put a 461 through the paces really bad lol. I've got a 460 and it runs really well...............but I'm a typical guy though and can always stand more power and torque

Hey there Brett, I've been wanting to put a 461 through the paces really bad lol. I've got a 460 and it runs really well...............but I'm a typical guy though and can always stand more power and torque
Good morning sir :drinkingcoffee:.
No real need to do that, the 460 is the same basic saw and just as capable. You know @Groundman One has had his for 10 years I think now and loves his 460, putting it through the paces day in and day out when he's not out using his ergo shovel :laugh:. Maybe he will let us know if any real world differences he's experienced, but I've not noticed anything that would make me feel as though I need to have a 461 over a 460 except maybe the resale value, but you loose that buying them lol.
Now maybe if you'd like to send me some cash for this one and have it sent to Tennessee then you'd see a little difference :chainsaw:.
Be safe out there buddy and thanks for keeping the roads safe for us :).

Back