Stihl MS660 vs Husqvarna 390xp (vid)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

YO,YO,YO,Jasha....Ima let you finish,but I got the greatest stock saw of all time.

Sincerely,Barkpolisher(AKA Thread Wrecker)

This has certainly been an interesting thread.
I'm curious on a couple of points though, I'm a faller in New Zealand working in radiata pine mostly and i and most fallers i know will get a new saw every year cause a 66 wont last more than 2years. Thats why everyone i know runs stock saws. it's interesting to hear people talking about a 66 lasting a decade. Also the MS660 seems to be the only saw you ever see in comercial forestry over here, the stihl rep told me that they sell more 66's in NZ than anywhere else.
Personally i've only ever used a Stihl so i can't comment on the husky, seeing comments from pro fallers that have changed to husky after 12 years has me curious though.
It's worth mentioning that a stock MS660 magnum here comes with a dual port muffler and i believe different carb specs, and i mostly run a 25 inch bar so the stock saw's plenty powerful enough.

Last edited:
I'm curious on a couple of points though, I'm a faller in New Zealand working in radiata pine mostly and i and most fallers i know will get a new saw every year cause a 66 wont last more than 2years. Thats why everyone i know runs stock saws. it's interesting to hear people talking about a 66 lasting a decade. Also the MS660 seems to be the only saw you ever see in comercial forestry over here, the stihl rep told me that they sell more 66's in NZ than anywhere else.
Personally i've only ever used a Stihl so i can't comment on the husky, seeing comments from pro fallers that have changed to husky after 12 years has me curious though.
It's worth mentioning that a stock MS660 magnum here comes with a dual port muffler and i believe different carb specs, and i mostly run a 25 inch bar so the stock saw's plenty powerful enough.

alot of guys on this site arnt pro fallers, myself included. But some are. First question I'd ask is "are your conditions that much different to the PNW"? probably not. Radiata is know as Ponderosa (sp) in the USA.

So i guess it comes down to, how long are hard worked MS660's lasting a pro faller in the USA and what is their maintance schedule (including chains) and how does that compare to yours.

Does your fuel have ethonol in it?

just some thoughts from a by stander

Maybe there is no video?
Maybe there is no saw?

obviously there is no video, not hard to figure that out, if you dont believe i have a saw then okay. Pretty stupid saying "maybe there is no saw" how bout this, i was banned the day i was going to post the video so i said #### it, and now i have been working, certainly not going to go out of my way to video tape myself cutting a round.

Maybe you have a large empty un-used space behind your eyes?

I would say a lot of guys on this site are douche bags, who come on here to fantasize about the guys who actually Run a saw for a living (i do run a saw for my main income) you made statements suggesting i have been out of line, well not any more than a lot of you guys on this thread, this site is a huge retard magnet and im done with it.

Btw "barkpolisher" is not all that creative or clever, have fun with this circle jerk.

oh and moderators, go stick your thumbs up each others asses, this entire site is a sham, just a way for wannabes to feel like there involved, and "modders" to rip off all the dumbasses on here.
Have fun pokin holes in your mufflers, retards.

On another note, you can say what you want, but i would say all this to any of your faces, if you want a free ass kicking, look me up. I;m sure none of you will look me up (too cowardly) will just talk #### like a bunch of gradeschoolers.

Oh and it feels great to talk to you ####tards like this, totally worth a ban, although its kinda weird how no one else on this thread got ne bans, probly cause they learned to relax the throat ( this is directed to you Parris, and Matt- and freehandslaber)

Last edited:

Its Monterey pine in the US. And, what you say is similar to us full time fallers in the us-- I'm an Appalachian hardwood faller. Basically, the take around here is a husky rips, no doubt, but i dont think anyone will debate on the higher quality contruction and materials in the Stihls, and tougher. But no faller is going to keep a falling saw for a decade--- may last for a decade on the landing, as a spare, but not as your falling saw. So, sure, I'd love to have a 390, but I run 660s (hopped up once broken in), occasionally a hopped up 460, and will continue that way until.....I come across a GREAT deal on a 390-- whats the point in trading out- all the spare parts around from old saws, etc. Cheers dude.

Last edited:
I would say a lot of guys on this site are douche bags, who come on here to fantasize about the guys who actually Run a saw for a living (i do run a saw for my main income) you made statements suggesting i have been out of line, well not any more than a lot of you guys on this thread, this site is a huge retard magnet and im done with it.

Btw "barkpolisher" is not all that creative or clever, have fun with this circle jerk.

oh and moderators, go stick your thumbs up each others asses, this entire site is a sham, just a way for wannabes to feel like there involved, and "modders" to rip off all the dumbasses on here.

On another note, you can say what you want, but i would say all this to any of your faces, if you want a free ass kicking, look me up. I;m sure none of you will look me up (too cowardly) will just talk #### like a bunch of gradeschoolers.

Oh and it feels great to talk to you ####tards like this, totally worth a ban, although its kinda weird how no one else on this thread got ne bans, probly cause they learned to relax the throat ( this is directed to you Parris, and Matt- and freehandslaber)

:dizzy:
Thanks for the laugh, in all seriousness i'm laughing right now! Oregon is to far away for me to come chat with you.

Thanks again! I had a rough day

Last edited:
obviously there is no video, not hard to figure that out, if you dont believe i have a saw then okay. Pretty stupid saying "maybe there is no saw" how bout this, i was banned the day i was going to post the video so i said #### it, and now i have been working, certainly not going to go out of my way to video tape myself cutting a round.

Maybe you have a large empty un-used space behind your eyes?

How are you goign to post a video that doesn't exist?
I was joking with ya, but i guess you don't like jokes so ill be a an A-hole and point out how intelligent you really are.

Ya i'm pretty stupid, hard labor is what i do. I cant go do rocket science or algorithms. I cant type or spell either. Man i'm such a useless piec of crap, w/e :givebeer:

You really need to get yourself some help. Get it some place else, though.

On another note, you can say what you want, but i would say all this to any of your faces, if you want a free ass kicking, look me up. I;m sure none of you will look me up (too cowardly) will just talk #### like a bunch of gradeschoolers

please PM me your address.

Regards.
Sally.

You are truly a moron, maybe you should change your name to FreeCockSucking, you ####ing homo.

WOW....LMFAO......A real tool here fellers...You take yourself very seriously,don't you.

Why don't you go outside and play hide and go **** yourself?

Have a nice life,loser.:looser:

Back