Stihl MS660 vs Husqvarna 390xp (vid)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Radiata is know as Ponderosa (sp) in the USA.

Radiata pine is known as Monterey Pine here in the USA. Ponderosa is a very different pine from Radiata, mostly in terms of size.

Also, Radiata Pine is closely related to the Bishop and Knobcone Pines.

Yup...kinda sound like somebody else we remember? Nothing ever came of that either.

BarkBlather is the human equivalent of putting a 36" bar on a WildThing...all show and no go. And nobody who knows anything is really impressed.

Dang Bob, I had forgotten about that!!!

HT(the splinter cell) never made it to your neck of the woods either?

At least this place is good for a good laugh every once in while...

Stay safe!

I would say a lot of guys on this site are douche bags, who come on here to fantasize about the guys who actually Run a saw for a living (i do run a saw for my main income) you made statements suggesting i have been out of line, well not any more than a lot of you guys on this thread, this site is a huge retard magnet and im done with it.

Btw "barkpolisher" is not all that creative or clever, have fun with this circle jerk.

oh and moderators, go stick your thumbs up each others asses, this entire site is a sham, just a way for wannabes to feel like there involved, and "modders" to rip off all the dumbasses on here.
Have fun pokin holes in your mufflers, retards.

On another note, you can say what you want, but i would say all this to any of your faces, if you want a free ass kicking, look me up. I;m sure none of you will look me up (too cowardly) will just talk #### like a bunch of gradeschoolers.

Oh and it feels great to talk to you ####tards like this, totally worth a ban, although its kinda weird how no one else on this thread got ne bans, probly cause they learned to relax the throat ( this is directed to you Parris, and Matt- and freehandslaber)

I agree with a bunch of what you say. I have ran into some real butt heads on this site. I think so many of them talk big because they have the Internet to hide behind. I am not in the professional logging industry but i do like chainsaw's, the industry, and talking about it. I have been banned for some questionable reasons as well so i understand your anger.

I would say a lot of guys on this site are douche bags, who come on here to fantasize about the guys who actually Run a saw for a living (i do run a saw for my main income) you made statements suggesting i have been out of line, well not any more than a lot of you guys on this thread, this site is a huge retard magnet and im done with it.

Btw "barkpolisher" is not all that creative or clever, have fun with this circle jerk.

oh and moderators, go stick your thumbs up each others asses, this entire site is a sham, just a way for wannabes to feel like there involved, and "modders" to rip off all the dumbasses on here.

On another note, you can say what you want, but i would say all this to any of your faces, if you want a free ass kicking, look me up. I;m sure none of you will look me up (too cowardly) will just talk #### like a bunch of gradeschoolers.

Oh and it feels great to talk to you ####tards like this, totally worth a ban, although its kinda weird how no one else on this thread got ne bans, probly cause they learned to relax the throat ( this is directed to you Parris, and Matt- and freehandslaber)

If you want to fight, I'll fly across the country. You talk a big story, but all your credibility went out the window when you wouldn't post that vid of your all mighty STOCK 044 that was so much better than a sling'r modded 390 or 660. Good to hear that your finally leaving. Don't let the door hit you on the way out and good ridance.:givebeer:

obviously there is no video, not hard to figure that out, if you dont believe i have a saw then okay. Pretty stupid saying "maybe there is no saw" how bout this, i was banned the day i was going to post the video so i said #### it, and now i have been working, certainly not going to go out of my way to video tape myself cutting a round.

Maybe you have a large empty un-used space behind your eyes?

So you were going to post that vid that day? Well you must have it then, post it up like you promised.

ha ha ha ha ha. That was funny.

Look you up? How would I do that without your name, post up your address if your such a tough guy.

So you were going to post that vid that day? Well you must have it then, post it up like you promised.

ha ha ha ha ha. That was funny.

Look you up? How would I do that without your name, post up your address if your such a tough guy.

Hmmm... what say we round up a few good ol' BC boys and go for a roadtrip!

Seriously I can't honestly believe that all this came from a guy posting a comparison video between two saws. Well, I guess part of me can due to other stuff I've seen here in the last year and a half.

You're right, there are a few "douche-bags" here. But they're guys like you who come on a public forum and try to discredit and/or insult every opinion that disagrees with your own, with no proof or information to back it up. I can't think of any of the "regular" more active members here that would have a problem with a good debate or even argument over a point, provided that each person's view MAKES SENSE and they can explain themselves rationally with information to back up their argument. You can't just come here and make outrageous claims, then get your dander up when people question you or call you out on it.

Sorry you feel that way. To me, this site has been one of the most valuable resources I've found on the internet - I've learned an incalculable amount of information, AND (I think and hope) I've made some new friends, a few of whom I've met in person, some I haven't yet. Am I a "wannabe" at times? Probably. I don't claim to know half as much as most of the regulars here in many respects, and can only go by my own personal experiences. But if I screw up and say something stupid or wrong, someone's usually along shortly to correct me, and then I learn something new too.

I'd bet the farm that there are some guys in your relative area on this site that you do NOT want to have a go-round with, but be my guest. PNW loggers aren't exactly a good group to go calling out; I've seen what they can do when they're riled up.

LOL...

attachment.php

You getting off on calling everyone here out kinda scares me. All people here asked for was some proof to back up your words and to cool down a bit. Typical forum troll; what one will you move on to now?

Last edited:
Imo

So, now that the smoke has cleared does anyone have any chainsaw opinions worth airing. IMO Dolmar has taken over the number two saw spot of the big two Stihl and Husky and is breathing down number ones collar if bang for the buck is what you are after.

So, now that the smoke has cleared does anyone have any chainsaw opinions worth airing. IMO Dolmar has taken over the number two saw spot of the big two Stihl and Husky and is breathing down number ones collar if bang for the buck is what you are after.

First of all you're wrong and secondly, this is the wrong thread.

1. There are a lot of tweekers, drunks, loggers that couldn't hack it, and guys that don't pay child support that cut firewood all over the PNW for hidden income.

2. Guys that talk about making a "living" from such activities obviously would not cut timber in any kind of production setting out here and have nothing positive or informitive to a PRO FALLING SAW thread. Take your saw patch off and go back to Bi-mart for Poulan parts.

3. You crack very easily under pressure, makes it obvious you're a hack.

4. You got caught with poop in your pants from the begining, got embarressed over and over and resorted to anger. You can't see ALL of us. There are plenty of boys here that can whip your ass bro if you want to go there. When guys act like their 2 at work (YOU), we call it "Having a Spit-Up day", LOL!

5. Thank you for leaving! This is a positive place to embrace, support, and learn about the industries involving trees and powersaws. A-holes like you are a distraction from the learning and sharing process.

In essence, yes - look at the thread title: "STIHL MS660 vs HUSQVARNA 390XP". I'm not a stay-on-topic nazi but I don't think it was intended as yet another "which brand is best" thread. Just a comparative video between two specific models.

Why is it the wrong thread.....Is this only a Stihl vs. Husky thread?

This thread started as a comparison between a ported Husky 390 and a ported stihl 660 and tree sling'r offering his opinion as to why he runs the 390 over the 660. Then Barkbuster came in and ruined it by saying his stock 044 would beat both these saws in the same sized wood, WRONG. Never was there a Husky/Stihl/Dolmar battle to see who is now on top. Simply a well experienced faller offering insight into his findings with these two saws. That is why you are wrong. This thread was already hijacked, please don't hijack it again.

In essence, yes - look at the thread title: "STIHL MS660 vs HUSQVARNA 390XP". I'm not a stay-on-topic nazi but I don't think it was intended as yet another "which brand is best" thread. Just a comparative video between two specific models.

I see..my bad

Back