• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl ms660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too much risk on ebay of getting one riddled with chinese parts. Im building a saw for a customer to mill with so want it to be all oem.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Too much risk on ebay of getting one riddled with chinese parts. Im building a saw for a customer to mill with so want it to be all oem.

If you buy a dirty ugly beat up one off eBay chances are there won't be any chines parts on it at all if you buy one that looks great chances are there will be Chinese parts on it and at the price there going for ( 250 or less) you can replace what you need to every stihl I have bought has been off eBay and I've had great luck with all oem parts and great saws from the us and Canada the only one I had bad luck with I bought locally I drove an hour he drove an hour and I got screwed so I'll stick with eBay

I bought a huge lot or saws from a reputable stihl dealer in a NC and even some of them have chinese parts. Mainly cylinders and pistons and they by no means look new or unused. It only takes one bad deal and ms660s are already overpriced for what you are getting off ebay.

I bought a huge lot or saws from a reputable stihl dealer in a NC and even some of them have chinese parts. Mainly cylinders and pistons and they by no means look new or unused. It only takes one bad deal and ms660s are already overpriced for what you are getting off ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stihl-Ms66...309141?hash=item41f8660295:g:NIwAAOSwFGNcPj8g
Doesn't look too bad to me but ok I get the bad deal thing but you can always ask questions on ebay and if you don't like the answer move on to the next one and if you asked a question and you get it and they lied there's always eBay buyer protection I buy stuff constantly from there mainly parts and I will instantly complain if something isn't right and I always get my money back and half the time I don't even have to send it back because they don't want to pay the return shipping so as far as that goes it's basically no risk just a little more time if something is wrong but at least you aren't screwed

I definitely use to buy saws off ebay. Ive bought and sold probably close to 400-500 saws in the past 5 years. I get 90% of my parts from ebay because youre absolutely right that its practically no risk. Ive already got saw sold just need to find it and go through it. That one you sent doesn't look too bad. All the exterior is oem.

Well I'm glad I could be of some help there's another one with a 275 buy it now but it's been dropped or ran over so it might cost more to fix just depends on how involved you want to get but I hope you get one and it works out for you good luck

Back