Stihl on off switch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmarinekurt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The choke switch keeps popping out of the bracket when I turn off. This saw will not shut off There is a spring loaded piece of metal below it keeps popping out of place

Any ideas

The choke switch keeps popping out of the bracket when I turn off. This saw will not shut off There is a spring loaded piece of metal below it keeps popping out of place

Any ideas

If the switch shaft is not brokeen the contact spring should ride on top of the detent in the end of the switch shaft, that will hold the shaft down in place.

If the switch shaft is not brokeen the contact spring should ride on top of the detent in the end of the switch shaft.

I have an 034 with this type of problem and I have not been able to use it for 10 years .When you put the choke on and hold throttle wide open the choke pops off!:angry2::angry2::angry2:

Any ideas

Common problem. They would replace it under warranty if it started soon enough.

If not, you need to remove the switch lever and lightly heat the holding bracket and slightly bend it tighter, which is hard to do correctly...

Otherwise, you need to buy a new crankcase, which is easy enough to find....

Common problem. They would replace it under warranty if it started soon enough.

If not, you need to remove the switch lever and lightly heat the holding bracket and slightly bend it tighter, which is hard to do correctly...

Otherwise, you need to buy a new crankcase, which is easy enough to find....

So does the hook on the left side just bend down and away from the crankcase allowing the shaft too much wiggle room and it drops out?

Spring seems to set correctly and I can choke and start but when I try to shut off it pops up behind the switch and pushes the whole switch out of the seating bracket

Spring seems to set correctly and I can choke and start but when I try to shut off it pops up behind the switch and pushes the whole switch out of the seating bracket

That seating bracket is supposed to be shaped more like a hook so that the control switch sort of snaps into place on the left side.

Make a tiny hold down bracket to brace it out of like a carb plate or something then use two self tapping screws and jb weld it.
You are talking about the metal shaft that clips in on both sides right?

a06277a6.jpg

Spring seems okay but not sure how to seat it correctly

Well then, I won't bother.......

If it pops out of the "hook" too easy!!! Well????..........

The other guys are not visualizing what you are talking about.

Either the shaft is worn, or the "hook" is weak/loose........

Or your thumb has been up to the "Devil's Business"..........

By gawd, has anyone here worked on these turds?

Sorry, I apologize in advance.................

The rod is soft too!!!!!

The rod is soft too!!!!!
I have tried and it still wont work you want to fix it fish?

The rod is soft too!!!!!

I have not worked on the homeowner grade Stihls very much, actually I try hard not to work on any homeowner grade saws from any manufacturer....LOL

Back