Stihl Painting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonM623

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. There are a few threads on here about restoration and painting in particular..... However, I was unable to find any info on paints that have proven the test of time against wear and tear/ fuel contact. I have a few saws that I am going to rebuild and fix up, but was hoping to find out if anybody knows which paint types/ applications are most durable for metal AND plastic. I am primarily a Stihl guy, but would like to get into some old Macs as well. Thanks in advance!

I'm dropping off parts today to be cerakoted. I don't see how it wont be durable.

Hey everyone. There are a few threads on here about restoration and painting in particular..... However, I was unable to find any info on paints that have proven the test of time against wear and tear/ fuel contact. I have a few saws that I am going to rebuild and fix up, but was hoping to find out if anybody knows which paint types/ applications are most durable for metal AND plastic. I am primarily a Stihl guy, but would like to get into some old Macs as well. Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I have yet to find any paint that is comparable to the original powder coat.

You may get away with 2k but it’s toxic stuff. Google “2k paint”

Hey,you can search hipa360 on Google.

Latest posts

Back