Stihl parts online

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egraham

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just bought a ht 131 pole saw and I need to pick up some extra parts.

Nut that holds bar on
Oil cap
Air filter
Plug
Starter cover

Can anybody point me in the direction of a online retailer?

Thank

eBay. Other than that I don't think dealers are allowed to sell online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will not find an online Retailer for new Stihl parts as Stihl has policy against online sales. You may find used parts and aftermarket parts online but any Stihl dealer selling new pats online that is caught by Stihl will be required to pull the site or lose their dealership privileges or may be both depending what is found.

Just get them on E-bay, the starter, air filter, and plug are the same as the fs90 trimmer. The oil cap, the same as the ms250,210, etc. The nut is just a Stihl Bar nut.

Why are they aginst online sales? I always wondered. Is it so they know the product wont be damaged during shipping or what? To OP sorry to bomb your thread.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Why are they aginst online sales? I always wondered. Is it so they know the product wont be damaged during shipping or what? To OP sorry to bomb your thread.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

I believe they say it's for customer service reasons and supporting small local businesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could have always brought some equipment thru a big box store like Home Depot, Lowe's or Wal-mart to only find out when your need service it has to be sent off for repairs where where you buy from a local dealer they usually do their own repair work.

Why not buy these parts from your local dealer? I can get any part I need next day if ordered before noon.

I'm with you on this. I've not had much luck with any better pricing online. Maybe a few bucks but not worth it when I drive by two different dealers on my way home from work. And I know I'm getting the real Stihl parts and I don't have to analyze an eBay ad to make sure. I like my Stihl dealer and I am more than willing to support their business.

If you don't have one nearby though....then maybe online is the best bet.

Why not buy these parts from your local dealer? I can get any part I need next day if ordered before noon.

That is what I am going to do. Thanks for the help. I am a husky guy and being able to order small parts online made me lazy. This is the 1st stihl I have ever owned.

I recently bought a used HT131 also. there are plenty of sellers on ebay that somehow sell brand new stihl parts I picked up an OEM air filter in Stihl packaging for $4.00 shipped cross country try and get that price at your dealer to your front door. I'd try and shop ebay first, maybe here if possible then as a last resort the dealer. The plug for that saw is not the typical BPMR7A its another model but its double the cost of a regular NGK. just my $0.02

It seems that here in Finland the story of pricing is like charge what you dare!!! That's why i always check www.flexparts.de for pricing. Also many times some parts not available at my nearest stihl dealer, and they inform that " stihl does not make that anymore..... ", but from Germany it ships the next day. Of course shipping is charged but same order usually include chains ( stihl ) which are almost half priced compared to prices here in Finland.
And usually they ask you " oem or aftermarket? ", and you think i'll take aftermarket it's cheaper, but it is not!
RV

Latest posts

Back