STIHL Progressive Depth Gauge Tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting about the Carlton chain, as the roller guide would work very well on the Carlton chain I was using, both for cutting the tooth, and the raker depth, I wondered if the carlton and husky chain was made in the same place.
There is a lot of geometry in each brand, model, cutter, etc., well beyond 'pitch'. Makes sense that there will be some variation.

Philbert

There is a lot of geometry in each brand, model, cutter, etc., well beyond 'pitch'. Makes sense that there will be some variation.

Philbert

yep agree, have heard in the past that the husky and carlton chain was the same, or same manufacture at one stage, could have been some of this.
Thus good results with the husky roller guide on it. Put the roller guide on the stihl chain, and different results due to what you have mentioned.

Ok, ran a 5.2 file over the tooth, its so far back the file is hitting the links, then brought the raker down with the stihl raker guide.
Put the husky guide on it, and the raker was slightly proud, tried to get a good picture, but the camera was more interested in focusing everywhere but where I wanted it to.
Also put the verniers on the thickness of the guides themselves.

In the end, its good to have a progressive raker guide that will suit the Stihl chains I have and I would recommend them to those running Stihl chains.

about time Stihl.

hgaftersgraker.jpg rghuskthick.jpg rgthick1.jpg sc1.jpg sc2.jpg scrg1.jpg scrg2.jpg sgafteraker.jpg

Right...I’ve picked them up on the way to work.
8B273E38-C4A7-47C2-A5DF-C3DD27FBF736.jpeg 9FF996E7-6FAF-4CBC-8546-620E9781E31E.jpeg

I won’t finish work until the post office is closed, so on Monday I’ll figure out the postage costs and update the thread with the details.

They will be smaller (maybe cheaper?) to ship if they are not in their packets, but I’m guessing most people will want them to stay in their packets?

If anyone has any thoughts let me know

Right...I’ve picked them up on the way to work.
View attachment 773233 View attachment 773234

I won’t finish work until the post office is closed, so on Monday I’ll figure out the postage costs and update the thread with the details.

They will be smaller (maybe cheaper?) to ship if they are not in their packets, but I’m guessing most people will want them to stay in their packets?

If anyone has any thoughts let me know
No need for pks here. Just the steel :p

OK...the postage price will be the same whether you buy five gauges or one. I don’t know about more than five but we’ll cross that hurdle if we need to.

The gauges are £4.50 each.

The padded envelope is £0.50.

Postage options are as follows: -

1) Tracked & signed for airmail £9.50
2) Airmail £5.00
3) Economy £3.95

Airmail is 5-7 days and economy is up to 42 days.

I will ship when full payment has cleared.

I have one of each gauge at the moment; first to claim them on this thread will get them (as above will be sent when full payment has cleared).

PayPal friends and family please or add 5%? to the total, or you can send me a cheque.

I guess the best way is through PMs but I’m just as happy to arrange it all via an open thread if better?

OK...the postage price will be the same whether you buy five gauges or one. I don’t know about more than five but we’ll cross that hurdle if we need to.

The gauges are £4.50 each.

The padded envelope is £0.50.

Postage options are as follows: -

1) Tracked & signed for airmail £9.50
2) Airmail £5.00
3) Economy £3.95

Airmail is 5-7 days and economy is up to 42 days.

I will ship when full payment has cleared.

I have one of each gauge at the moment; first to claim them on this thread will get them (as above will be sent when full payment has cleared).

PayPal friends and family please or add 5%? to the total, or you can send me a cheque.

I guess the best way is through PMs but I’m just as happy to arrange it all via an open thread if better?

Is the airmail tracked without signature or is the only tracking with the first option? Looks like the first batch was claimed but I’ll send a PM here in a bit with my order!

You are a good man and thanks for doing this for everyone!

I would like to have 1 or 2 of each of the 5 sizes. As soon as you get another set or 2, let me know and I will send PayPal payment immediately. YES, thank you for being willing to do this for the group. It's hard for me to understand why Stihl won't make this happen?

I also sent you a PM...

Is the airmail tracked without signature or is the only tracking with the first option? Looks like the first batch was claimed but I’ll send a PM here in a bit with my order!

You are a good man and thanks for doing this for everyone!
Royal Mail said that tracked and signed for is the only tracked option. The cheaper airmail option is neither

...and I really like the way that so far everyone wants a multiple of five. It is going to be so much easier than getting one type for jack and 3 types for mark etc. I will do that if people don’t want a full set but it is easier for me to work in full sets :bowdown:

...and lol as there is already a backlog I will place an order with the dealer tomorrow for more (when having a break from stump grinding)...so let me know if you want some in the next 16-18 hours to get them relatively quickly

Latest posts

Back