STIHL Progressive Depth Gauge Tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, I lost track of this thread for a few days and missed out.

When you’re read to place another order, I’d be interested in a 3/8 gauge.

Philbert joins the club!!!

I may have instigated some of the interest in these tools, and in this thread, but did not have any until a few moments ago. 'Thank You!' to@AlfA01 for taking the trouble to send them to me.

Problem is that they are so pretty, I want another set to actually use!

IMG_4122.jpg

IMG_4123.jpg

BTW: Here is a link to a more general thread that I started just on depth gauge tools:
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/depth-gauge-tools-for-saw-chain.279374/

Philbert

Round two is open guys. Please post on here what you want and send me a pm as well; duplicate info is useful. I’ll give it 14 days from now for people to show interest and send me a PayPal payment and then I’ll order them :chainsaw:

Round two is open guys. Please post on here what you want and send me a pm as well; duplicate info is useful. I’ll give it 14 days from now for people to show interest and send me a PayPal payment and then I’ll order them :chainsaw:

Count me in for a 3/8.

Anyone had a chance to cut with a chain that’s had rakers set with these? Am I right in assuming they are a life-changing improvement?

Keep them coming guys. Let me have the weekend to refresh myself on the prices etc, which I’m sure won’t have changed, and I’ll respond with totals

One observation:. These allow filing rakers exactly as the fops...but... easier to handle, imo.
I did discover that the LP gauge would not work on a friend's Homlite saw with crazy anti-kick links.
I had to use an old style raker guide for that chain.
I usually grind all the AKB crap off but it wasn't my saw :p

Hello guys

The gauges are still £4.50 each.

The padded envelope is £0.50.

Postage options are as follows: -

1) Tracked & signed for airmail £9.50
2) Airmail £5.00

Airmail is 5-7 days apparently but it mostly took considerably longer with the last batch.

I will ship when full payment has cleared. PayPal has proven to be the only way that works so far, so please figure out what you want, send payment to [email protected] and I will order the gauges and forward them on. I’ll give it 7 days for people to send payment and then I will order the gauges. If you miss the 7 day deadline don’t worry, I can do a round 3 etc.

I hope that all makes sense, and questions fire away :sweet:

Oh and remember it is British pounds (£) and not Euros (€)...PayPal has a built in converter so it should be easy enough to send the right amount

Latest posts

Back