Stihl question again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a couple questions and I think I know the answer, but I want someone to confirm my answer.
I was at one of my local Stihl dealers yesterday and asked if he could get me a repair manual for a 028 and a rattle can of touch up paint. His said he could not. That I could spend twelve hundred dollars like he did for the repair information and if he had something that needed touching up he put new parts on it.
I may be wrong, but I think I remember someone on here that said they could buy the above from there dealer. Thanks Tom

nice guy

i don't care if the stuff is or isn't available.
somehow i gather his tone said more than he did.:chainsaw:
i'd get a new dealer and see if that one talks the same way.

i could be wrong though.

I am not sure as I would have to look in the stihl bible but I think I could get a manual but maybe not.

I have a couple questions and I think I know the answer, but I want someone to confirm my answer.
I was at one of my local Stihl dealers yesterday and asked if he could get me a repair manual for a 028 and a rattle can of touch up paint. His said he could not. That I could spend twelve hundred dollars like he did for the repair information and if he had something that needed touching up he put new parts on it.
I may be wrong, but I think I remember someone on here that said they could buy the above from there dealer. Thanks Tom

It's a shame that some dealers act this way.
Glad mine doesn't.

He is the most convent one, That is the reason I use him.
There are three others, but they are about twice the driving distance and one of them has the same attitude.
I ordered a gas tank gasket from one of the other two and when it came in it was a crankcase gasket. The first time I may have told him wrong, but the second time I know I told him a gas tank gasket. Had to order it the third time to get it right. The first time I ordered it was around Thanksgiving and I got it in Feb. The other one is very inconvenient for me.
Every cloudy day has a little sunshine. I bought a Homelite 330 from the first dealer (with case) for $15.00, had a bad boot and needed a sprocket (adapted a rim sprocket from a XL-12) and a muffler. I modified the muffler and it cuts like a Pro Mac 10-10 S that I used to own. I now have forty to fifty dollars (not sure how much) in it and a neighbor wants to buy it, but I do not want to sell it. I need to keep it for I only have about 15 running saws and 7 or 8 more that I hope to get running when time permits. Thanks for the quick response. Tom

I think they are out - but you can get one via a friendly email... ;) Or, via ebay for a printed version.

BTW... Stihl dealers aren't supposed to sell service manuals anyhow..

Last edited:
My dealer that used to order manuals said that "Stihl isn't shipping manuals any more". About 6 months ago he ordered a 026/260 manual for me and got the wrong one shipped 3 times. I never got the manual. He said "No more paper manuals from Stihl!!!

yeah check ebay for manual they can be a great source go a 026 off that site

Back