Stihl rant

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrgoodkat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Has anyone checked their website prices lately?! They raised prices!! In replying to another thread I noticed they raised the prices of the 460 $60!! Now $60 may not be that much, but considering they already charge a premium price for all their saws especially 70cc ones, thats ridiculous. My dealer and other dealers around here charge whatever the site says. Knowing this, I just called and my dealer said any saw he has on display and in stock will be old pricing for the next month or two. After that its going up. Now I already have stihls, but COME ON!! I know most companies raised prices this year, but I hope more sales shift to husqvarna/jonsered and dolmar now. Stihl seems to be strong arming potential customers now. I dont know how it all works for dealers and prices they set, but if dealers dont try and be reasonable on them, its just one more reason to not to pick stihl. And I bet OEM parts got more expensive too.....stihl is NOT worth that much money to me.

Last edited:
And better buy used fast. More people will prolly be buying used and those prices will get stupid too. Ebay already is for the most part. And any good deals on here are gone in a flash

So that puts a 460 at what $950? A husky 390 can be bought for that. I don't think a 390 is that much heavier either.

I paid just under 875.00 for mine cash on Dec 31, and bought an extra 25" rsc chain for 13.00 or 13.50. I've been doing business there for 30+ years there also and give him all my business year round too. He did tell me his cost was going to go up 50.00 bucks on Jan 15th. I'm waiting on a 261, should be in tomorrow.

Yea, but its still some bs. Theyre #1 worldwide supposedly and they already charge alot. Why the need to raise? Your already a billion dollar company. Why screw over current customers and potential new ones? I though stihl thrived on running their company like a family owned deal and not like a huge corporation, like the dreaded and evil and terrible quality who doesnt care about their customers Husqvarna? < sarcasm...

Has anyone checked their website prices lately?! They raised prices!! In replying to another thread I noticed they raised the prices of the 460 $60!! Now $60 may not be that much, but considering they already charge a premium price for all their saws especially 70cc ones, thats ridiculous. My dealer and other dealers around here charge whatever the site says. Knowing this, I just called and my dealer said any saw he has on display and in stock will be old pricing for the next month or two. After that its going up. Now I already have stihls, but COME ON!! I know most companies raised prices this year, but I hope more sales shift to husqvarna/jonsered and dolmar now. Stihl seems to be strong arming potential customers now. I dont know how it all works for dealers and prices they set, but if dealers dont try and be reasonable on them, its just one more reason to not to pick stihl. And I bet OEM parts got more expensive too.....stihl is NOT worth that much money to me.

You and many others have been hoping that for 40 years, tant happened yet and its pretty certain it not gonna happen anytime soon. Strong arming customers ya say, how? Free market out there, buy any brand you want. It do appear Stihl has lost you as a customer, they have priced themselves out of your business, thats a shame, next up to the counter please,LOLOL

No my gripe is stihl was already higher priced based on what is on the site compared to other companies. No reason to raise prices. And that way even if the competitors do raise, it makes your product more desirable because you market it as being better than everyone else and your prices are much closer now and may gain customers you might lose now. Why be the first to raise your prices. Why not wait and see what everyone else does? Maybe even let them surpass your prices

I hadn't seen prices on 460 as I don't pay any attention to them. Husky 390s can be bought around here for $925 with a 20" b/c. A 372 was $750 with a 20", a 576 was $775 with 20". My area won't support full retail for saws. There's a couple dealers that try that and they end up with says that set there 3-4 years. The husky dealer would sell a 395 with b/c for $1025.

You need to realise we are in a world economy. A weak dollar vs. a strong Euro means we pay more. It potentially can get much worse.

You are absolutely correct. My company imports and we have to look at the exchange rate daily.

Any future purchases sure wont be stihl. And yea your right it is a free market. I guess im just sick and tired of being having my wallet milked for every nickel and dime no matter what it is. And it just chaps my a__ that now my favorite saw company is doing it too

Yeap, everything is going up except our wages. Health ins., car ins, gas, etc etc

Latest posts

Back