• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Stihl running out of saws and trimmers!! Why???

HarleyT

HarleyT

Tree Freak
I am having a hard time getting saws and trimmers here lately. Did Stihl have to close their plant? If so, are they still closed?

HarleyT

HarleyT

Tree Freak
Oh pull your head out Fish!

Did you ever hear of the epidemic called coronavirus that the planet earth experienced in the spring of year 2020?

I’m sure production & distribution had to shut down for a while.
In my first post, I was referring to the plant closing, and most reasonable people would assume that was why, I didn't feel it neccesary to cover that ground..

Are dealers in other parts of the country out of units as well? The ones around here have been selling them furiously as well.

sean donato

sean donato

ArboristSite Operative
Hasn't been an issue here in pa that I know of. Most dealers have their usual stock, in my area. Tbh only one of them is stihl only, the other two I trust sell stihl, husqy, and echo. There are many more dealers that I cant account for. But that covers upper lancaster and Lebanon counties.

Justin Taylor

Justin Taylor

ArboristSite Guru
“ from Stihl”. Due to record sales, production struggles and COVID related issues from suppliers OMNI is currently 6 to 8 days behind on shipping orders. MotoMix is currently very low on availability in quart and half gallon containers and they are out of the gallon containers. Large orders with multi lines of MotoMix will most likely backorder while smaller orders will continue to ship. Delays will be experienced through mid-July. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during these times.

dmb2613

dmb2613

Addicted to ArboristSite
We are having a hard time getting orders in We use to get them the next day if ordered by 10am, now may take a week.
our sales are up 200% and the shop work has tripled . Got in 2 362 wraps that were 2 weeks late

dmb2613

dmb2613

Addicted to ArboristSite
They only had a few workers working and now have a hell of a time getting workers back , they may be drawing more on unemployment than they were making working full time , just my guess there

Justin Taylor

Justin Taylor

ArboristSite Guru
They only had a few workers working and now have a hell of a time getting workers back , they may be drawing more on unemployment than they were making working full time , just my guess there
I’ve been stuck working 7 days a week for the last 2 months because of Stihl work that needs to get done after my full time job

HarleyT

HarleyT

Tree Freak
Well I found a dealership fairly close that had 3 trimmers left, so I bought them. He also handed me 3 6 packs of oil, he said that they come with the trimmers.
My regular dealer never gave me oil.............

Not even a friggin' hat..... One wouldf think with the money I have cycled through that place, I could at least get a hat.