Stihl running out of saws and trimmers!! Why???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh pull your head out Fish!

Did you ever hear of the epidemic called coronavirus that the planet earth experienced in the spring of year 2020?

I’m sure production & distribution had to shut down for a while.
In my first post, I was referring to the plant closing, and most reasonable people would assume that was why, I didn't feel it neccesary to cover that ground..

Are dealers in other parts of the country out of units as well? The ones around here have been selling them furiously as well.

Hasn't been an issue here in pa that I know of. Most dealers have their usual stock, in my area. Tbh only one of them is stihl only, the other two I trust sell stihl, husqy, and echo. There are many more dealers that I cant account for. But that covers upper lancaster and Lebanon counties.

“ from Stihl”. Due to record sales, production struggles and COVID related issues from suppliers OMNI is currently 6 to 8 days behind on shipping orders. MotoMix is currently very low on availability in quart and half gallon containers and they are out of the gallon containers. Large orders with multi lines of MotoMix will most likely backorder while smaller orders will continue to ship. Delays will be experienced through mid-July. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during these times.

They only had a few workers working and now have a hell of a time getting workers back , they may be drawing more on unemployment than they were making working full time , just my guess there
I’ve been stuck working 7 days a week for the last 2 months because of Stihl work that needs to get done after my full time job

Well I found a dealership fairly close that had 3 trimmers left, so I bought them. He also handed me 3 6 packs of oil, he said that they come with the trimmers.
My regular dealer never gave me oil.............

Not even a friggin' hat..... One wouldf think with the money I have cycled through that place, I could at least get a hat.

Latest posts

Back