Stihl running out of saws and trimmers!! Why???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long delays getting crap from china lately, and a lot of manufacturing is shut in china. Then there is the trade war. Also people are at home bored, so they are buying a lot more chain saws, trimmers and lawn mowers lately. Retail therapy. If you think chain saws are in short supply, look at guns. They are basically SOLD OUT of Glocks and Sigs coast to coast.

My soon to be brother in law is starting at the police academy in a few months. He was required to have a side arm for drills. Either a sig P320 or a glock 17/19. Couldnt get him a glock. But my lgs got him a P320 from a dealer in florida. Cost was stupid. $647.00 with the shipping and transfer fees. Oh well it's a good gun and will last him a lifetime.

Long delays getting crap from china lately, and a lot of manufacturing is shut in china. Then there is the trade war. Also people are at home bored, so they are buying a lot more chain saws, trimmers and lawn mowers lately. Retail therapy. If you think chain saws are in short supply, look at guns. They are basically SOLD OUT of Glocks and Sigs coast to coast.
I had to drive 50 miles to get Chicken wire.

Yeah I've gone to Lowe's three times now and they've been sold out of chicken wire and 5' fence posts. Everyone and their brother has been making a "victory garden".

Last time I was at a saw dealer, they were loaded with all makes/models of Stihl and Echo. But all I was there for was a gallon of the Stihl platinum bar oil.

Stuff on craigslist has been FLYING for my area. Granted, most of those are the "good deals" - like this weekend a clean/mint MS210C for $185 and a clean/mint FS40 for $60 - gone in a day

Yeah I've gone to Lowe's three times now and they've been sold out of chicken wire and 5' fence posts. Everyone and their brother has been making a "victory garden".

Last time I was at a saw dealer, they were loaded with all makes/models of Stihl and Echo. But all I was there for was a gallon of the Stihl platinum bar oil.

Stuff on craigslist has been FLYING for my area. Granted, most of those are the "good deals" - like this weekend a clean/mint MS210C for $185 and a clean/mint FS40 for $60 - gone in a day
Same here i drove 50 miles to get the wire. Victory garden in here man,also they are all getting Chickens.

Here, Stihl did a promo during the pandemic for saws (at the start of winter) and it was an 8 week wait for your saw. I’ve been waiting 3 months for a warranty replacement carb. No big deal for me and everyone else probably understands as well, but it would suck if it was your only gear and you were hard up for cash trying to scrape by during this ordeal.

Here, Stihl did a promo during the pandemic for saws (at the start of winter) and it was an 8 week wait for your saw. I’ve been waiting 3 months for a warranty replacement carb. No big deal for me and everyone else probably understands as well, but it would suck if it was your only gear and you were hard up for cash trying to scrape by during this ordeal.
3 months wtf I can get parts in 3 days.....

I've been waiting on the arrival of my second Stihl 462 at my dealer for a solid month now... there's not even any in the system that are unsold.
I know of at least 5 people locally who have a 462 on back order as well, and good luck getting a 661 or 362 quickly around here either...

I've been waiting on the arrival of my second Stihl 462 at my dealer for a solid month now... there's not even any in the system that are unsold.
I know of at least 5 people locally who have a 462 on back order as well, and good luck getting a 661 or 362 quickly around here either...
Same with machines Chippers here are sold out and you have to wait a month.

Chain saws and line trimmers fascinate me. The saw engines crank counter clockwise (CCW), whereas the lime trimmers crank clockwise (CW). Not sure why they ran the line trimmers the other direction -- maybe to match lawnmower engines? Any ideas?

Back