• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl S10 - runner w/ bar & chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a pretty nice Stihl S10. It looks to be mostly original all the way down to the old school .404 sprocket, bar and chain. The only items I can see with a glance that don't look original are the spark plug boot/wire and fuel line. Not too shabby for the age!

Overall the saw is in good condition and would be great as a restore project or just for someone who likes to run the old metal. The only notable damage is the ever-so-common missing ribs on the starter cover. The saw is just how I acquired it, so I have to say that the chain was very poorly sharpened and needs to be redone.

The saw starts easily and runs pretty good. It takes a minute to warm up, and after that it'll do quite well. At times it'll hesitate during acceleration or just a tad at WOT unloaded. I'm confident it just either needs sp,e rim time or the carb gone through - I don't mean to put it down though, you can cut just fine with it as-is. It had sat on my shelf for close to a year and when I got it down this past weekend it popped after 5 pulls and started with 2 more; no prime, no monkey business, just poured in fuel and pulled the cord. It oils great.

There are 15 photos for your viewing pleasure on PHOTO BUCKET. I would be happy to take more photos or get a video of the saw running upon request. Ask any questions you may have - I'll be happy to answer them.

Price is firm at $100 + the cost of shipping & insurance. Payment via PayPal gift. I ship USPS Priority Mail by default, but I'm willing to ship UPS or FedEx if the buyer prefers. I'm also listing the saw for sale locally, so it is not boxed up; please don't ask me what shipping will be to your location. The saw would ship from zip code 46112 and I think it would be a reasonable estimate to say $25, give or take.

Thanks.

Back