Stihl Serial Number lookup?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the one! With shipping I paid 520. I hope the seller can contact the dealership and clear up the stolen flag. If not I will return it. eBay already has been informed of the issue and is helping me.

Lowhog,
I forgot to thank you for your help as well. Both you and HarleyT have offered me the help I needed. This site has awesome support even for newbies like me.

Wow!!!
You guys are awesome! I will call EBay and PayPal. Your help is sincerely appreciated.

Dante_mc2g
My name is Carrie Dickey, owner/operator of Dickey Bub Farm & Home. That chainsaw was taken from our Union location. I would very much like to speak to you, and work with the local Police and Ebay on tracking down this criminal. Would you mind giving me a call 636.583.5555 x122 or emailing me @carrie@dickeybub.net
Thank you so much in advance!!! We had reviewed our camera footage for days and couldn't pin the guy down.

Maybe after all the smoke settles and Dante re-coops his money he can buy the saw direct from Dickey Bub. Just a thought.

I'm the guy that called your store last night, read all of the posts on this thread. It looks like it was sold by a Pawn Shop there that sells on E-Bay.
Thank you so much! We really appreciate it. We just couldn't track anything down on our camera's bc we didn't have a date for reference. We are reviewing the week prior to 9/25 now and i have spoken with the UPD, to get in touch with the pawn shop. I am willing to work with the buyer in Miami, i just really want to catch the actual thief!
Seriously appreciate the call!
Carrie.

It would be great if you could work with the pawn shop in the future as well. Have them call in serial numbers before taking in Stihl equipment. A couple minutes on each end and the pawn shop could certify a piece of equipment as "clean".

Was it stolen off of the shelf?
Or out of the back door?
How/when did you realize it was gone?
I used to work for a dealer, that was also a hardware store. They had their saws right next to a fire exit door with no camera, etc. I always warned them about it, I am sure they lost a few that way.

Was it stolen off of the shelf?
Or out of the back door?
How/when did you realize it was gone?
I used to work for a dealer, that was also a hardware store. They had their saws right next to a fire exit door with no camera, etc. I always warned them about it, I am sure they lost a few that way.
It was stolen from the shelf. (At least that is what i think/hope, don't want to have to charge an employee :/ but we will) We have lots of camera's but just didn't have date to go with bc my employees thought they last saw it on 09/22 so we were just looking for days after that but according to the listing it was already sold on 09/25 so it was likely posted on Ebay on 09/22 or earlier. So now we have a better frame of time to search. We were locking the more expensive saws to the shelf but we lost all our locks in a flood this past year and hadn't replaced them. (hindsight)

It was stolen from the shelf. (At least that is what i think/hope, don't want to have to charge an employee :/ but we will) We have lots of camera's but just didn't have date to go with bc my employees thought they last saw it on 09/22 so we were just looking for days after that but according to the listing it was already sold on 09/25 so it was likely posted on Ebay on 09/22 or earlier. So now we have a better frame of time to search. We were locking the more expensive saws to the shelf but we lost all our locks in a flood this past year and hadn't replaced them. (hindsight)

As I'm sure you know, being a business owner, typically 85% of shrink comes from inside the walls, not out. It's a shame, but true.

Union, Bland and Marquand make a fairly compact triangle... :innocent:

Back