• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Stihl USG chain grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2stroke800

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Stihl USG chain grinder that i would like to possibly trade for a nice stihl saw in the 460/461-660/661 size range. I would prefer a wrap handle r model or arctic model but not neccessary. Other trades possibly considered also :)

The usg grinder is in great condition and comes with the optional foot clamp accessory, 2 (1 new, 1 lightly used) sharpening/grinding wheels, and 1 new grinding wheel for doing depth guages/rakers. This unit is a VERY handy tool and can make even rocked out garbage looking chains cut like new again in about 15 minutes. It is overkill for my sharpening needs and i could get much more use from a larger cc saw.

For the right saw, i can throw in some $$. Or i also have a stihl ms310 i could throw in to sweeten the pot. Cash offers will also be considered :)
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 20160821_210628.jpg
    20160821_210628.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 200
I asked a local dealer here and he said to order the usg unit
is $800, the foot clamp accessory is $95, and the three grinding wheels is about $50. I am not into it for that much and wouldnt expect a new value out of it. What i would expect is a good quality saw with lots of life left, no junk please. Thats why i am willing to sweeten the pot if needed.

Never tried to ship anything to canada, is it any different than shipping to the lower 48? I live in ak.

Well, it would be 950 for everything new at my local dealer. Im thinking 500-600ish maybe? Just depends on the saw more than anything.

If I bought it personally I would have gone the used route as well. Easy enough to find chain grinders that have hardly been used for 1/4 retail. This one replaced a 511A that was getting on in age and I wanted something of higher quality that could last longer. The USG is really the only new option in that category since Silvey is no more. I would not hesitate to get another Oregon machine but I had the luxury of a few extra dollars to spend.

I just got a new USG from the dealer for 650 plus tax. Thats for just the grinder and the grinding stones were included.

650 seems like a pretty good price on a new one. My dealer here said 789.95 is msrp. I like your dealer better... haha!! Like i said before, i am not into it for a new price and am willing to send her down the road for a good saw.

Are there online dealers in canada or are u talking used craigslist type saws?

Yea well its not like canukistan is right around the corner. That would be like me telling you to drive to nevada to buy a saw. Thanks for the words of wisdom tho :)

Latest posts

Back