STIHL vs, husqvarna?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the STIHL vs, husqvarna? issue
its not that i don't dislike one or the other.
I just heard many people say that husqvarna is crap because the doll all the time, that's what i just heard

STIHL i heard people love this Brand, They say its Built real well

So i just wondering whats the best choice

For the STIHL vs, husqvarna? issue
its not that i don't dislike one or the other.
I just heard many people say that husqvarna is crap because the doll all the time, that's what i just heard

STIHL i heard people love this Brand, They say its Built real well

So i just wondering whats the best choice

What does "the doll all the time" mean?

What does "the doll all the time" mean?

No doubt a reference to flimsy build quality. And... He hasn't even seen a hard starting, hesitating, chincy 550xpat yet! Maybe his local dealer won't sell the AutoTune models if they don't have the patch cord?

The companies I've seen that treat their saws hardest all run stihl, workers that just don't care, they'll drop a saw rather than put it down, the hire companies, the careless workers who abuse things day to day, colleges with uneducated students. I've never known a large company with unskilled lugheads use husky. I'm sure some do but stihl seems more popular. Husky if you use it yourself, stihl if you lend to meatheads

l kinda agree with treesmith. Stihl is undoubtably supperior in build quality, their saws last and hold up to harsh use far better than husky. But the tradeoff for this is extra wieght. l recently bought a 550xp and its a beauty, smooth a silk, spools up faster than my 261, lighter and smaller than my 261, better balance ect. But l remember when l took the 550 out of the box l thought at first it was a chinese nockoff...no joke lol! lt is not but the finish is poor compared to stihl. Everything is a little weaker and less heavy duty. Bar nuts are hollow thin & tinny, daug is near pathetic, paint worn off clutch cover from being in a box. Dont get me wrong l love the saw even prefer it in many ways to my 261. But lets not kidd ourselves in 10 years the 261 will be servicable for its age....the 550 would have been scrapped years ago. ls one better than the other....dunno, different l suppose.

Both make great saws and not so great saws in their lines. Stihl has a better dealer network in my area.

I have a 200t that's dropped from the tree 2 time from 40ft plus, 1st time it was just fine. Second time it landed square on a t post and punctured through the plastic and through the exhaust. 100+ bucks later it runs like brand new, and I always connect it with a locking caribeener now, funny thing was it was the same tree about 8 months apart that it fell from. First a prune then a removal. The only husqy I own is a 455 that my girlfriend bought me, and I've had nothing but carb issues and the oil pump went out. If anything my only advice is by professional models that are built to stand the abuse. Now do I go for the t540 or a 201t snellerized is the question? I do have an old beat up 020 with a blown p&c, is that the best bet?

Back