Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlman441

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi there guys
In stead of me putting bits and bobs of my wood,tree cutting,felling,firewood stuff all over the place im starting this post and intend to update it when ever i find something for you.
I have got some work on a property not far from home and i am going to be there for awhile with a heap of trees to fell,started out there on Saturday and the farmer tested me out straight up.A very large ugly Cypress tree,there was an excavator there to help out so it wasn't to dad and all went well.
Felled afew dead or dying trees around the place before lunch,a mate is doing a lot of fencing there so removing the trees before replacing or putting in new fences ones as i go.
After lunch go started on a row of Matts (MCW)s aerate trees,i think they are the same Casuarinas and there is a heap of them,they are a bit of a prick with all the low growing branches that need to be trimmed so you can get to the trunk.The farmer was following me with a 8 ton excavator putting them into piles to burn latter on.I work out on average can fell one in about 6 to 7 mins each with a fuel stop in the hr.Used the ported 441CR MTronic with a 28'' ES Light bar,what a pleasure this combo is for this type of work.
Pic of the ugly Cypress tree before and after.

attachment.php

attachment.php

good work... mean saw too!

.... is he going to farm that area?.... some of those trees look pretty old and messy... you are lucky you dont have to chip all that!
tell the farmer to make sure that wood is real dry before he burns it. i dont know about over there, but here sap can clog up the chimney (especially italian cypress). you can advise him to burn a hardwood after he burns the evergreen-- this will reduce the build up. stay safe and enjoy your work day!

Got some big pines to do as well,the first pic is of one im going to first up in the morning before the wind gets up i like these big ones,may even give the 880 a run on it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

love them pines i will hear the crash frome here but when they are dry that bark dust gets rite up my nose

.... is he going to farm that area?.... some of those trees look pretty old and messy... you are lucky you dont have to chip all that!
tell the farmer to make sure that wood is real dry before he burns it. i dont know about over there, but here sap can clog up the chimney (especially italian cypress). you can advise him to burn a hardwood after he burns the evergreen-- this will reduce the build up. stay safe and enjoy your work day!

Where that Cypress was he is going to build big yard and have a sheep feed lot along that area.
We dont burn Cypress,Pine and that type wood over here we have a lot better wood to heat the house.

Aww man big dirty wood & big saws on a hot day, that's a tough gig Mr Stihlman

Them paddocks look dry have a knap sack of fire rake handy eh.

Not wrong there mate 35 deg and very little wind today stopped at lunch time,thats a stubble in the paddock not long been headed and ya carry a extinguisher in the ute.Get an early start in the morning.:msp_smile:

Great pics!

That a 36" bar on the 660?

I think you should flush cut that first stump! :jester:

Ya a 36'' ES Light just started using it.
I dont think so with the flush cut there is a 45 ton excervator coming with a ripper on it will take care of that and mant other stumps.:msp_smile:

I'd love to a video of the excavator attacking that stump :msp_wink:

i'll bet me b#lls it's bloody hot there today been in the mid 20s last 3 days all redy 32 here today @ 13:14

Yep them machines are great to see working but the problem is im payed to fell trees not watch excervators but.Just got home from out there so will put some pics and a vid up when i get to my real job.

Latest posts

Back