Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
219739d1327544777-2012-01-25_11-13-32_574-jpg

Then he surprises me and asks about lowering the back cut on push-overs, must be something he was edumackated on in that forestry course:msp_sneaky:

Heh heh. I've done a lot worse than that old son, a LOT worse :) I reckon Andrew does a bloody good job. Interestingly I've noticed his techniques getting better and better over the last few years as he's done more and more felling so I'll probably be able to learn some tricks off of him instead :cheers:

Good feed back mate,i understand what you are saying and it makes sense when ya think about it.All comments welcome good or bad i just have learnt something and will try this out,i do a lot of pulling with cable and land cruiser.:D

Good feed back mate,i understand what you are saying and it makes sense when ya think about it.All comments welcome good or bad i just have learnt something and will try this out,i do a lot of pulling with cable and land cruiser.:D

Glad you got it mate as I even confused myself for a seond there :D
The situation I referred to above involving the guy using my Husky was a lot more dangerous than yours though. These were big trees about 100-120' with a HEAVY lean. Judging by the bucket marks on the trunk the excavator guy would have been directly behind them with the tree hanging over the non caged machine - at full extension he'd have got no way near the half way point up the tree, that'll own 50% of the actual balance point which is the real thing to look for. I am 99% sure the excavator operator would have though this guy was safe and knew what he was doing. Until this particular incident got sorted I refused to do any more work there and it went straight to upper management. As in right up - the whole company went into damage control about this as they are very focussed on occ, health, and safety. The worker hasn't spoken to me since ;)
In fact even with proper techniques on the trees mentioned above they really were just tow over only and too dangerous to be behind. Wayne saw some of this guy's stumps and you'd swear a blind man had cut them - he was very very lucky not to kill someone.

jumping in :popcorn: looks like fun Andrew! bloody hot work in summer over here tho bro, keep that esky stocked up :msp_thumbup:

With water :) Beer and chainsaws don't mix remember!
funny thing is when out bush fighting fires ,water is not to be iced ...in advanced RFS training the shinny bums told all brigades to carry lots of drinking water, and we all carry a canteen on our belts ,but they say that the water should be ambient temp! ... lol. well its bloody over 40degrees on a cold day when on the front line ,we all have hot water ...just need a few tee bags and sugar

funny thing is when out bush fighting fires ,water is not to be iced ...in advanced RFS training the shinny bums told all brigades to carry lots of drinking water, and we all carry a canteen on our belts ,but they say that the water should be ambient temp! ... lol. well its bloody over 40degrees on a cold day when on the front line ,we all have hot water ...just need a few tee bags and sugar

Yeah but water is water and it's all wet :) I've been the same on occasion where I've had drinking water left in the work ute all day with the windows up. It was even too hot to drink on one occasion :( Actually I think that was the same day the CD player had a CD melt through it and had to be replaced...

Good stuff. You'll have to change the thread title to...

Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting, and Hunting ramblings...........

:D

I'm back,will get more pics up soon,been cutting again.

Have you ever had that feeling that its going to be a big day or days.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Then he tells me he wonts this lot felled and made into firewood as well.:msp_ohmy:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Good deal on the deer! And you know I am a pigman! Going next saturday. That's a lot of wood man looking good:msp_thumbup: Few sticks in that grove too! None look to thick eh? Matt good idea on the thread title I like it:msp_thumbsup:

Looks like fun mate. Shouldn't have to split too many of those toothpicks. Unless of course you took the photos 500m away and they're actually 30" trunks :)

Good deal on the deer! And you know I am a pigman! Going next saturday. That's a lot of wood man looking good:msp_thumbup: Few sticks in that grove too! None look to thick eh? Matt good idea on the thread title I like it:msp_thumbsup:

Yeah I think Andrew needs to delete this thread and start again with a new title ;)

Latest posts

Back