Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good things come to those who weight.:cool2:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ya mate funny how ya never see them untill ya eat something,cut up something or have a crap.

Yeah you're not wrong there. Down at the in-laws farm they just come out the woodwork the second you start cutting something up, especially when the weather starts warming up.
I had something funny happen a few years ago when taking a crap in some bushes while out shooting. I had this bloody big Dung Beetle come flying in like a B52 bomber while I was squatting and got me right on the mud button. Of course I jumped and clenched and jammed this bloody beetle between my butt cheeks who started trying to dig his way out. Even thinking about how I removed it makes me cringe but it involved a lot of dunny paper and hand cleaner after the incident. I have only ever told one person about this until now and she absolutely pis*ed herself laughing. That's right, my heartless missus thought it was a hell of a joke...

Thats a classic mate :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: something to tell the grandkids on Christmas day after lunch when ya all around chattin.:msp_ohmy:

Flies..................

You guys would just love coober pedy

Event the natives stick there head in a salt bush so they can try to sleep even those with a gut full of grog cant stand that many flies

Flies..................

You guys would just love coober pedy

Event the natives stick there head in a salt bush so they can try to sleep even those with a gut full of grog cant stand that many flies

Yep. I remember on an army cadet's trip between Whyalla and Port Augusta back in the late 80's that the bush flies were so thick that we were nearly black with them. One double handed clap across a mate's back yielded 140 of the little bastards from memory.

I will give you boys and girls a tip,spent 4 hrs (8 tanks of fuel) on the 460 today and i must say that it was not a pleasant experience at all.The only really good thing is ya get to have a rest every 1/2 hr to re fuel.
I have to get another ported 441CR Mtronic badly.

Good stuff Matt, except for the beetle man gives me the creeps. Andrew good thread you guy's have some beautifull, and rugged country. I never saw a actual blue gum forest. Believe it or not we have a fair amount of Eaucs, here but not thick like that or a forest. That is impressive looks like a giant hedgerow.

Yeah you're not wrong there. Down at the in-laws farm they just come out the woodwork the second you start cutting something up, especially when the weather starts warming up.
I had something funny happen a few years ago when taking a crap in some bushes while out shooting. I had this bloody big Dung Beetle come flying in like a B52 bomber while I was squatting and got me right on the mud button. Of course I jumped and clenched and jammed this bloody beetle between my butt cheeks who started trying to dig his way out. Even thinking about how I removed it makes me cringe but it involved a lot of dunny paper and hand cleaner after the incident. I have only ever told one person about this until now and she absolutely pis*ed herself laughing. That's right, my heartless missus thought it was a hell of a joke...

MATT MUD BUTTON:big_smile:

I will give you boys and girls a tip,spent 4 hrs (8 tanks of fuel) on the 460 today and i must say that it was not a pleasant experience at all.The only really good thing is ya get to have a rest every 1/2 hr to re fuel.
I have to get another ported 441CR Mtronic badly.

Wow my mid 90s 044 and arctic 046 are my go to saws for most cutting this 441cr mtronic must be really impressive if it makes the 460 look bad... gotta try one of these myself and does anyone know is there an arctic version of the 441 mtronic??

Ok you lot,some guys on here in the past have been taking the p_ss and giving me a hard time about how my saws are allways clean,well have a good look boys this may be the only time you will see it.
I have been so flat out cutting and work reasontly that things have got out hand a bit in regards to maintenance.

attachment.php

Ok you lot,some guys on here in the past have been taking the p_ss and giving me a hard time about how my saws are allways clean,well have a good look boys this may be the only time you will see it.
I have been so flat out cutting and work reasontly that things have got out hand a bit in regards to maintenance.

attachment.php

:camera: ok i put that in me computer so i can look at now and then just prove too me self you do get em dirty LOL

With my 261 i have used and abused this saw just to see what if anything would go wrong with it,the only thing i have done to it from new is clean out the clutch one time.This is the state of the filter system after 21.5 hrs of use in green and dry mostly Sugargum.Try doing this with other brands or models.;)

attachment.php

The pre filter helps a bit.
Even the dust is on the outside of the filter not inside.:msp_thumbsup:

attachment.php

All like new again

attachment.php

Back