Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With my 261 i have used and abused this saw just to see what if anything would go wrong with it,the only thing i have done to it from new is clean out the clutch one time.This is the state of the filter system after 21.5 hrs of use in green and dry mostly Sugargum.Try doing this with other brands or models.;)

attachment.php

The pre filter helps a bit.
Even the dust is on the outside of the filter not inside.:msp_thumbsup:

attachment.php

All like new again

attachment.php

great saw!!!maybe in the future it'll have M-Tronic like the ms241. and than go with MM as ms441CM

Been workin out there every day this week and getting a bit done,even gave the 880 a run reducing afew stump 7 ton excervator couldnt lift them.Ya just got to love them big 880s nothing will stop them,had a full comp semi chisel chain 8 pin sprocket and 36'' bar on her.Going to put the 50'' on and have another go at that stump and take some more off.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
He just go a new Superaxe splitter for me to use this is the smallest one they make a Aussie Chopper WS150 and it does a good job some of the yellow box stalls it but.

attachment.php

No probs mate but it wont be in one lenght and it may take afew trips.:D

Don't be a softy Andrew. Just pump the Falcon's airbags up to 3000psi and you're good to go...

He just go a new Superaxe splitter for me to use this is the smallest one they make a Aussie Chopper WS150 and it does a good job some of the yellow box stalls it but.

I saw a good one today mate. A homemade splitter that the guy reckons works out to about 60-70 tonne. I thought he was joking until I saw it had a 1.6L Nissan Pulsar motor on it and a monster hydraulic pump. Built like a tank and I'm not lying when I say the thing would weigh at least 1.5 tonne.

Ya i know but im ment to be working not making vids.
;)

Yeah it sucks mate. I've had a number of domestic jobs I'd like to have recorded but I feel guilty even snapping a few piccys on my phone.

Nice log too old son and anybody who reckon a ported 90cc saw can outgrunt a 120cc monster needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Even my ported and pop upped 660 that had a lot of poke wouldn't have been close to my 3120 with any bar over 28"...

Dont be sad about that, I had the big model super axe a 1997 version and while great machine even it came foul of a knotty bit of box or red gum, some things just dont wanna split. Mine had the side log lifter with hydro ram under the work bench, so how dos your operate canna see a wire or lift ram ??

There is vid cameras everwhere out there Matt so probbaly being watched all the time.
One thing i have found out that Yellowbox is very very hard wood even green blocking its hard,i have at home a log about 36'' dia and 7 foot long that i am going to try and slab up.:hmm3grin2orange:
Im glad im not cutting that stuff for a living,got the 880 into it today and that give it a good whipping.

Dont be sad about that, I had the big model super axe a 1997 version and while great machine even it came foul of a knotty bit of box or red gum, some things just dont wanna split. Mine had the side log lifter with hydro ram under the work bench, so how dos your operate canna see a wire or lift ram ??

Thats because i broke it,the wire pulled through the crimp i thing that bit was a bit to weighty for it.:laugh:

This is one of the biggest Redgums around this area i know of,it would be 300 years old +.
The biggest and the smallest and then the family.

300 years eh that old gal will see of a few of us off yet

Historical Events for Year 1712

Feb 29th - February 29 is followed by February 30 in Sweden, in a move to abolish the Swedish calendar for a return to the Old style.
Apr 6th - Slave revolt in NY
Apr 7th - Slave revolt (NYC)
May 17th - Maximilian Emanuel of Bavaria honored as "sovereign of Netherlands"
May 22nd - Emperor Karel VI crowned king of Hungary
Jul 17th - England, Portugal & France sign ceasefire [or 19th]
Jul 20th - The Riot Act takes effect in Great Britain.
Jul 24th - Battle at Denain: France under Villars beat Dutch army
Oct 3rd - The Duke of Montrose issues a warrant for the arrest of Rob Roy MacGregor.
Oct 4th - Utrecht banishes poor Jews
Oct 8th - French hijacker Jacques Cassard seen on Suriname coast
Nov 2nd - Suriname government gives French hijacker Jacques Cassard, ƒ682,800

We got a few claimed to be 400 plus by them that should know. A few have been id as abbo scar trees and we treat them with silly whity respect. I was chatting to a Koorie bloke who said nay to worry about a scar tree so much, its just a history mark that white says is a big deal. "You fellas dont see the big picture at all, black man see's the land the trees its history all the connections of all that is not just any ol symbol it. We lived here 30k year never left much of a mark". A mother earth holistic approach to land and living of it. Then he fell over drunk,,, but hey I still got the idea we miss so much not seeing the forest for the trees stuff. Some reckon leaving a big old pile of bricks n crap where a river n forest was is a better thing. Be good to learn a few concepts of care and respect. I don't wanna sleep on dirt or live like a cave man, try n just tread wee bit softer.

Jul 20th - The Riot Act takes effect in Great Britain,, Huh 1st time riot act was read here was 1979

1979 -Various surfers leaving the pub are caught up in what becomes known as the 'Frankston Riot' The police report reads that 'the riot began between rival patrons from three hotels positioned on the three corners of one intersection in Frankston. At closing time, patrons from the three hotels came on to the road and commenced to fight and to cause damage to property. It was necessary for police to read the riot act and then to take action to disperse the mob.'

Had a bit of time today and made a couple of vids.
The ported CMTronic 28'' ES Light bar Carlton 3/8 .063 semi chisel skip chain 7 pin sprocket in Redgum.:D

[video=youtube;YLH0__klzNA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLH0__klzNA[/video]

Ported 660 with 36'' ES Light bar Carlton 3/8 .063 semi chisel skip 7 pin sprocket in Redgum.:D

[video=youtube;c4AVtaNUVic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4AVtaNUVic[/video]

MS261 dual port muff with Works Connectoin Tach 18'' Carlton 3/8 .063 semi chisel chain 7 pin sprocket in Redgum,leaned it out to 13700 13800 after this havnt tuned if for awhile been slack.;)

[video=youtube;XbuPrSLorsU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbuPrSLorsU[/video]

Back