Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice pics!! Im just wondering how bad are the critters?? Eg spiders, snakes etc... and other poisonous things that could fall on you??

Plenty of spiders when felling,they are in the bark a lot of huntsman spiders,they are hamless but made ya take a deep breath when they crawl up ya arm.

attachment.php

Been at it again today,at 1 pm was 37.2 deg C not very nice for working.
Got there early and dropped that big pine i put pic up the other day,all went well it even when where i wonted it to.Used the ported 660 with a 36'' ES Light bar and a semi chisel skip chain.
This pic was early morning as you can see by the shadows.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Oh no. The dreaded Casuarina undercut :D I've only seen, awe, maybe a few hundred of those!

Keep the updates coming mate, I've been slack on my thread and haven't been doing stuff all cutting.
You're right about the heat too. Has been strangely consistent temperatures across a wide part of Vic and SA. Even Mount Gambier, the coldest most miserable place in the state was the same temp as up here today.

It's interesting how the more cutting you do the more trees you find to cut :D

Been at again more pines this one was a double they were held together bay branches,the 441 MTronics getting a good work out,did about 10 big pines today in the morning.

[video=youtube;I5U0z7SUrzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5U0z7SUrzY[/video]

attachment.php

Check out this ugly looking stump,dont know what it was.

attachment.php

Got these and more to do on Friday,going to put one of those 100 ltr tank frames on the forks to trim from.

attachment.php

attachment.php

These Sugar gums will be felled,blocked and split on Saturday for firewood.

attachment.php

Plenty of spiders when felling,they are in the bark a lot of huntsman spiders,they are hamless but made ya take a deep breath when they crawl up ya arm.

attachment.php

Holy crap! :msp_scared:

I'd prob drop the saw and cut my foot off.

Last edited:
hey andrew can you show us a picture of the filter on the 441 after a days cutting without cleaning throughout the day

think i'll leave the 461 to those that don't know any better, i get that on me 460 after 10 min

Back