stings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtB

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Nest in leaves on roof.

Luckily was wearing long sleeves as it was only 59F this morning at 6 AM.

Moved the pile and zap - zap zap zap - zap zap, got me 6 times on hands and one on throat.

Was home, so within 5 minute had applied hydrocortisone and then went to lab and turned dc power supply to 200 Vdc. zapped each sting 4 or 5 times with electrodes at the 4 quadrants across the start of sweilling.

Usually untreated sting have me swollen for a few days, 12 hours later all effects just abut gone.

This is the first time I remembered to try electrical shock, meter on power supply even hit abut 80 mA, so pretty substantial shock but local current. Some itching is all that remains.

I've read that one can pull the spark plug wire form a CS and apply elec shock that way, but never tried that approach.

Art please go to the nest again but this time with a camera. I think we would all be interested in seeing the scene. Plus I sure I would learn me up some new cuss words. Thanks in advance.

This is the first time I've heard of zapping stings. I have seen videos of guys being bit by rattlesnakes using a car battery to zap themselves and somehow destroying the effects of the venom.

Oddly, I heard about this electricity versus stings thing for the first time just this week. I have not heard substantiating details, just anecdotes. I would be interested in reading any peer-reviewed material regarding it.

Latest posts

Back