Stolen Husqvarna 550XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TFPace

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My trusty 550XP has been stolen and I need to replace it. It was a 2012 model and I mod'd the muffler. Outside of that it was factory and a pleasure to run.

All you Husky users.... go back with a 550 or up to the 562?

Thanks,

Tom

No disrespect, but I have been in the biz since 1978 and never had a saw stolen, anyway, I would go with a 562 but you should know what you want. Sorry for the negative post, I guess it would of been a better response if you just asked our opinion of the saw to get without mentioning yours got stolen,,hits a nerve with me when people can not take care of their saws,,
Jeff
It was a beautiful day! :cheers:

No disrespect, but I have been in the biz since 1978 and never had a saw stolen, anyway, I would go with a 562 but you should know what you want. Sorry for the negative post, I guess it would of been a better response if you just asked our opinion of the saw to get without mentioning yours got stolen,,hits a nerve with me when people can not take care of their saws,,
Jeff
It was a beautiful day! :cheers:
Old man got up on the wrong side of the bed.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I have three 550s and a 562. The 562 is awesome but the 550s get used a lot more. I like the 550s in the bucket or climbing. The 562 is kind of awkward due to its size.

How do you get a CHAINSAW stolen from you? You don’t seem like the brightest light in the box. I mean yeah it sucks that someone did that, shame on the thief. But it’s ultimately up to you as a business man to protect your livelihood. It’s not for everyone I know. Have you ever considered just working for someone else? It seems like that might be better for you, you will also have less stress and be “done” for the day right when you clock out.

Why is the guy so bad because a saw got stolen? Idiots (the thief) will sometimes to crazy things... We'll be working in a back yard sometimes and I know full well somebody could grab something off of the truck and run. Hasn't happened yet, so maybe I am too lax, but I'm not going to spend half of our time on a job site locking and unlocking every tool box, putting things away and taking them out 6x. I've been fortunate, so far. If an 8 year old saw gets stolen one day, maybe I'll reconsider, but probably not.

Having said that, not sure how the fact it was stolen should or shouldn't play into the decision - except that if your shop is in or you frequently work in rough neighborhoods, maybe the 550 because if costs less?

There are a lot of different factors you have to take into consideration, as do we if giving you advice about buying a saw.
What saws do you use the most, I'd say if it was the 345/550 then get another late model 550 mk1, if you use the 550/371 more then I would probably grab up a new 550 mk2 as they are just a bit bigger and have more power than the early 550. If the 371 is getting tired, then maybe grab the 562. Lots to consider.

Why is the guy so bad because a saw got stolen? Idiots (the thief) will sometimes to crazy things... We'll be working in a back yard sometimes and I know full well somebody could grab something off of the truck and run. Hasn't happened yet, so maybe I am too lax, but I'm not going to spend half of our time on a job site locking and unlocking every tool box, putting things away and taking them out 6x. I've been fortunate, so far. If an 8 year old saw gets stolen one day, maybe I'll reconsider, but probably not.

Having said that, not sure how the fact it was stolen should or shouldn't play into the decision - except that if your shop is in or you frequently work in rough neighborhoods, maybe the 550 because if costs less?
Geesh. The saw was stolen from my business. Guessing after 36 years in business and having only one chainsaw getting ripped off isn't so bad.

There are a lot of different factors you have to take into consideration, as do we if giving you advice about buying a saw.
What saws do you use the most, I'd say if it was the 345/550 then get another late model 550 mk1, if you use the 550/371 more then I would probably grab up a new 550 mk2 as they are just a bit bigger and have more power than the early 550. If the 371 is getting tired, then maybe grab the 562. Lots to consider.
550 it is .

Wow, I can’t believe some of the replies Flaming the OP, because some dirt ball stole one of his saws

I guess that I am an Idiot too, I am working away from home, and yesterday morning, I went out to my pick up, and another Piece of Schitt broke the wing window on the passenger door.

I had more in my truck than I normally would, we had already been evacuated from the hotel I usually use because of a wildfire. The POS only got a 2.5 gallon gas can, out of the bed, (He climbed through the canopy side window to get in the bed) even though I backed the back hatch into the shrubs, but hey I must be an idiot as well

I might expect these kind of replies in Pol/Rel, but that is a Different world, these replies here surprise me

Blame the Victim, sounds like the Liberal BS, that I am used to in Portland

Doug :cheers:

550 it is .

Not sure you realize what I said.
There is the early 550 that you had which is the mark1, then there is a newer one that is the mark2. The mk2 is a little bigger so it doesn't handle as nice as the earlier one, but it is similar in handling only larger. It does have a good bit more power though.
If you wanted the mk1 you may be able to find one at a dealer still, but most here don't have them anymore.
Make sure you post pics.

Wow, I can’t believe some of the replies Flaming the OP, because some dirt ball stole one of his saws

I guess that I am an Idiot too, I am working away from home, and yesterday morning, I went out to my pick up, and another Piece of Schitt broke the wing window on the passenger door.

I had more in my truck than I normally would, we had already been evacuated from the hotel I usually use because of a wildfire. The POS only got a 2.5 gallon gas can, out of the bed, (He climbed through the canopy side window to get in the bed) even though I backed the back hatch into the shrubs, but hey I must be an idiot as well

I might expect these kind of replies in Pol/Rel, but that is a Different world, these replies here surprise me

Blame the Victim, sounds like the Liberal BS, that I am used to in Portland

Rough crowd when you ask questions of the commercial guys lol.
Yeah, you better stick with the driving :cheers:.
Be safe up there, things seem to be changing quick, with the libs and the fires.

Hi Brett, seems like half the damn state is on Fire, the Almeda Fire (Not AlAmeda) started, CONFIRMED Deliberately Set, literally behind our hotel, the towns of Phoenix and Talent have been almost Completely Destroyed, over 600 Homes and 100 businesses Destroyed, these were small towns, that is something that they may not recover from, especially with Oregon’s ridiculous permit processes, Oregon is as Bad, if not Worse than Californicated, in that respect.

There have been multiple Arrests for Looting of unoccupied homes in the Evacuated areas.

There is currently almost ONE MILLION ACRES Burning, in 48 active Major Fires.
Of Course the State and Local governments, as well as Social Media are denying Antifa and BLM involvement.

These numbers and sizes of fires are unprecedented, we have Fires every year, but the size and number of fires is way beyond anything like a “Normal” year, and in this urban if an area is very unusual.

It is a very Sad Situation out West here in Oregon, Washington and Californicated, and Sadly we have some Very Incompetent Governors and Mayors making Bad Situations even Worse

Back