ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Storage case for the Stihl MS441

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by memory, Dec 4, 2013.

1. CTM

CTM ArboristSite Lurker

Sounds good, thanks.

2. Philbert

Philbert Chainsaw Enthusiast

CaseyForrest likes this.
  3. 2stroke800

2stroke800 ArboristSite Lurker

20170105_181522.jpg 20170105_181531.jpg

CTM and Philbert like this.
  4. 2stroke800

20170105_181635.jpg 20170105_181711.jpg Some pics :)

longbowch, CTM and Philbert like this.
  5. 2stroke800

20170105_181738.jpg It has these small interior pockets on one side and two large ones on the other side. I forget how much it was but i wana say similar to what a stihl hard case goes for if i remember right..

6. ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy Addicted to ArboristSite

The old cases fit most saws. For sure it fit a 460 with "west coast" felling spikes and a 3/4 wrap grip. I think it also fit the 660 I had, but I can't remember for sure. I had got the case for free when I bought a new 290 and I kept it when I traded it for a 460. I thought it was handy when I kept the saws outside, but the case fill with water when I wasn't working for a few weeks and flooded out that 460.

7. ChoppyChoppy

The old cases fit most saws. For sure it fit a 460 with "west coast" felling spikes and a 3/4 wrap grip. I think it also fit the 660 I had, but I can't remember for sure. I had got the case for free when I bought a new 290 and I kept it when I traded it for a 460. I thought it was handy when I kept the saws outside, but the case fill with water when I wasn't working for a few weeks and flooded out that 460.
    This is the orange case with the shitty plastic hinges and latches that come apart after a while.

8. ChoppyChoppy

This is the orange case with the shitty plastic hinges and latches that come apart after a while.

9. ChoppyChoppy

10. CTM

CTM ArboristSite Lurker

Awesome. Thanks for the pics and idea. That will work fine. Can get all my stuff in there and prob chaps too...

11. hedge hog

hedge hog ArboristSite Guru

You can get 441 c in a orange case but where it is hitting on the handles you heat it up with a paint stripper and then close and lock til it cools

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philbert likes this.
  12. hedge hog

hedge hog ArboristSite Guru

Stihl carrying case are doubled wall so you could just cut where it's hitting the handles or brake lever and gain some space
    I did the heat
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firemoore98 and Philbert like this.
  13. 2stroke800

Yea even with heat, wrap handle saws with large dogs stihl dont fit in the orange case.. my 362r doesnt even come close to fitting in my orange case.

14. Philbert

Check out the photos in the link I provided above (Post#22) - some of the square, blow molded poly cases are larger, and can be modified to accept larger saws.

Philbert

15. jeffbecky1

jeffbecky1 ArboristSite Operative

I took the largest Craftsman case I had and modified it to fit a MS660. I heated the parts of the case that were too tight for the lid to close and stretched the plastic to fit. It was a fine line of heating it just right with a heat gun before setting it on fire. It ain't purty but works for me.

Philbert likes this.
  16. 2stroke800

Yep, i already saw that.. the plastic cases are great, but i like my solution (in the pics above) better the more i use it. For lots of reasons. My bag doesnt slide around in the truck at all like a plastic case does. The pockets and storage are the best part! Ya can throw everything in there too, extra bar nuts, ear plugs, safety glasses, tool kit, file kit, spark plugs, etc, while keeping it all organised.. i always know if i need something, it will be in my bag! With the plastic cases, putting other stuff in them is always a disorganised shitshow in my experience. Haha!

jeffbecky1 likes this.
  17. Philbert

I like your bag too - nice to have different options.

One thing that I like about the plastic cases is that they are easy to clean - I line them with an oil absorbent pad ( http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/chain-saw-diapers-keep-your-cases-cleaner.73699/ ) and anything else wipes clean.

Since I have a few saws, I like that they stack for storage, and protect my saws in transport when I have a bunch of stuff piled in the back of my car.

Organization is a personal thing - depends on what you keep in each case. The Husqvarna cases have molded in spaces for specific items, but I typically use a few, large zip-lock bags for chains, spare parts, etc. I have a separate duffle for chaps, gloves, PPE, first aid kit, basic tools, etc. that is independent of any specific saw.

Philbert

jeffbecky1 likes this.
  18. Miles86

Miles86 ArboristSite Operative

Hey -sorry not to reply I moved and the last couple years have been very hectic, I leave the bar on to keep the spikes from ripping up the bag, I would like a 28" bar in the future for this saw, I will just let the extra length extend from the zip. Stihl spikes are very sharp like a knife.

Husqvarna used to offer a very nice heavy duffel (wood floor already installed) with a top zipper similar to the stihl duffel, but it seems they are discontinued.

19. Philbert

I recall some guys making protective 'boots' for felling spikes, out of rubber, open cell packing foam, corrugated cardboard, etc., to protect in shipping.

I assume that someone could do the same to protect the inside of a duffel bag.

Could be as simple as a padded sleeve or collar that wraps around the guide bar, if installed; could mount to the bar studs if the guide bar is removed.

Philbert

20. Tonycatenaro

Tonycatenaro ArboristSite Lurker

The husqvarna orange saw case is square and works well i had to modify it for my 661

Philbert likes this.