Stove at Full Throttle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Somesawguy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
It's -20 with the wind chill, and the poor stove is running full tilt. Time for new windows this year I guess. The 14" that they promised didn't happen, but it's cold enough.

How is everyone else holding up?

Just got up for the day and it is 3 degrees outside but a nice toasty 73 inside the house. Stove doing what is expected and more giving us heat for free!!!

About the same temps here outside as kybaseball. Woke up to 69 in the house and a good bed of coals 72in here right now

Sasquatch? Yeti? Bigfoot? Or is there another name?

37 here this morning. 57 in the house. The house got too warm so I let the fire go out yesterday afternoon and slept with the bedroom window wide open. :cool:

Monday should be interesting here....-10 for a HIGH. It's been a few years since its been THAT cold. Going thru wood like a SOB but the house is nice and toasty at 78-80. At this rate tho i'll be running out of wood in early/mid feb. Thought i had it dicked this year with enough wood stored but these cold temps are sure killing the wood consumption. I go to bed at night and lay awake thinking about where i can get next years batch of wood and wishing i was able to be out scavenging now.

28 here this am, been letting stove go out overnight. House gets to 55-60, good sleeping temps. Not really any snow here either, weather guys saying it's driest dec in 40-50 years. Average snow depth end of dec is 24", we've had 6 this year.

I hear ya on going through the wood. I'm heating 2 houses and I burnt a cord of 12" diameter red elm and oak rounds in 5 days. The lows have been -10 or -15 with highs in the single digits the past few days, calling for 25 on Saturday, then cool right back down to -22 and a high of -16 on Monday.

Was below zero last night and supposed to get that nasty -20 lows on Mon and Tuesday next week. The freestanding stove keeps us toasty, but i do use a couple fans to move the warm air around when it gets this cold. The wood sure does dissappear faster, thats for sure. I may not have enough to get through, but I am out cutting all winter for next year anyway and got lots of standing dead Elm to get when I need it. STAY WARM ALL.

Ron

1 deg here this morning, house nice a warm. Only 5 sticks of wood in the Jotul all night.

Supposed to be a high of around 0 here Monday. Not supposed to get that cold in southern Mo in the day time!!!

17 below when I left to cut wood this morning. It was 12 below when I woke up but it got colder! Stove has the house nice and warm. Sun is out and its up to around 9 now. I brought home a big load of ash! One tree filed my truck and trailer!

Was -20 last night with strong wind.
I burnt rock elm all day and temp went up about slowly.
Tossed in a big night block of rock elm about 11pm and this morning house was still nice and warm.
Ate through quite a bit of real high btu wood in 24hrs though.

Latest posts

Back