Strange and Weird Pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Here's a picture I found of a stand of Pine in the Yukon, It makes one wonder how the trees survive such stress and forces of nature, such a high winds and extreme cold.
Does anyone else have pictures of natures odities, not including me of course, but I guess I walked right into that one.
Gypo

John,
I wish I had a picture of the "******* Trees" from Northwood to post.

Mason,
I once saw notes coming out of speakers after an encounter with Windowpane.

Hi Doug, I remember the ******* Trees well from Northwood.
Extremely interesting how an Oak and a Pine can corkscrew around one another and live in relative harmony as though some sort of symbiotic relationship.
I once went hunting for wild boar after dropping Purple Double Barrel Dome and came across a Porcumoose.
John

Mess-ka-lynn turns everything into a neato sine wave.
Seems to be close to pure. Maybe eating some peanuts
will straighten everything out. I think that was one of
Hunter Thompson's cures.

Perfectly logical explanation to the pine trees shape. The compression forces resulting from the settling of the deep snow causes the lateral displacement observed. Also when these trees wave their limbs about it causes a strange spiraling wind system to develop that is peculiar to that environment.

Frank

Beautiful Pictures Dbabcock!! Although it took my eyes a while to refocus after staring at Gypo's photos. Kinda like wearing someone elses glasses.
Thanks,
George

Exellent pictures Doug! You outdid yourself again.
Those were not beavers by the way, they are river otters, actually known to cut holes in beaver dams, causing the level of water to drop, thus colapsing the ice above, then going in to predate on the beaver kitts.
The Mad Trapper

Back