Strange one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Questions about a saw.
I have a little saw I’ve been using lately without issue until the other day.
I went to start it and couldn’t get it to fire.
I tried a new plug without any luck.
Couldn’t see any spark with spark tester .
Disconnected stop/start switch and still nothing.
Gave up on it until today.
Same story as above and then—
I tried the spark tester on another saw and it was working fine. I put it back on the saw that wouldn’t start and suddenly had spark. Started and ran fine after that.
For you saw gurus could you tell me what you think the culprit is, bad ignition parts or a loose connection?
Parts for this ignition are no longer available so hoping it is something simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's a 345 Shinny I had one or two that were hit and miss. Then it finally failed. Didn't have anymore trio of parts to swap out. Your a Shinny guy you know!! LOL!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

The wire from the coil to the plug, usually at one of the ends. Moving it around made it bump into contact again. It will be fine until it drops contact again.

I’ve had a couple Solos/Homelites that the little pin in the coil that poked into the wire became loose in the coil, would stop producing spark, move the wire around a bit, and spark. Finally pulled the wire out, set in a bigger diameter pin, new wire and glue.
Same deal at the plug end, sometimes the spring is not centered in the wire or the wire finally breaks where the spring passed through.

Latest posts

Back