ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Strange things we’ve seen in the forests??

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by Huskybill, Apr 24, 2019.

1. holeycow

holeycow Addicted to ArboristSite

2. yooper

yooper Tree Freak

I find a few of them caches from ravens and crows every year climbing. There are usually a couple old pull tab pop tops in there along with tincle and other shiny stuff. Found a hot wheels in one one time.

holeycow likes this.
  3. holeycow

[QUOTE="yooper, post: 6899482, member: 9179" Found a hot wheels in one one time.[/QUOTE]

Gotta have a few toys for the kiddies!

Ha!

4. yooper

yooper Tree Freak

Gotta have a few toys for the kiddies!

Ha![/QUOTE]
    Lol yep. Also have found silver colored condum rapper and show your titty beads in a same nest. I have photo on old phone somewhere not sur if I can find it.

holeycow and unclemoustache like this.
  5. holeycow

You should stop leaving that stuff layin’ around after you are done with them..

;)

6. boltonranger

boltonranger ArboristSite Guru

I wouldn’t have believed this really happened if it hadn’t been caught on film...

Duce and sixonetonoffun like this.
  7. unclemoustache

unclemoustache My 'stache is bigger than yours.

That reminds me of this scene:

Of course, it's much easier to cry if you've been commanded to do so, and your family will be killed if you don't.

8. stillhunter

stillhunter Addicted to ArboristSite

I saw a mature whitetail doe chase a coyote away from her fawn/s one spring day while surveying. She was racing fast enough though the semi open hardwood forest to bite the coyote in the butt a few times as they passed by me and ran out of sight and sound. The coyote was hauling azz, shucking and dodging but the big old doe was right on it and I saw fur fly off the dog 2 times as she chomped on it's butt and tail.

9. chuckwood

chuckwood Addicted to ArboristSite

I've spent a lot of time myself in the woods, both back packing and hiking along with working in the woods. I've had a few experiences myself similar to what the original poster describes. The problem with having experiences like that is you might as well keep quiet about it. People will just make fun of you if they've never experienced anything in the paranormal category.

During WWII my mom had some vivid repeating nightmares about her house being bombed during an air raid. That was a very real possibility because her neighborhood was close to some military installations and factories. She told her family about it and sure enough they did get bombed, and the bomb hit their property at the spot she had dreamed that it would. They had a private underground bomb shelter in their back yard, and it was stocked with food and supplies. Sometimes it could take a few days to get everybody dug out of a bomb shelter if debris was covering the entrance. In her dream the bomb blew up the steel door to their bunker, and killed them all because they were too close to the door. When the real bomb hit, it was indeed close enough to destroy their door and blow debris into their underground shelter. They were coughing up blood because of the blast wave, and couldn't see anything because of the dust. But they made it - they were on the opposite side of the room from the door. It took some days for them to get dug out of there, they had been injured but suffered no permanent injuries. They had first aid stuff in there along with food and water. For her dream to come true required a pilot flying a precise pattern and a bombardier pushing the bomb release at a precise instant.

10. lone wolf

lone wolf MS 200T King

That is 100 percent believable.

CR888 likes this.
  11. esshup

esshup Addicted to ArboristSite

Buddy lives in WVa. Dogs were barking around midnight last week, the wife opened the door. The 3 yappers tear out of the house, 2 stay on the porch, the 3rd goes out in the yard where the 450# or so Black Bear was eating the sunflower seeds in the bird feeder. Bear takes off for the woods, little yapper in hot pursuit. Yapper never comes home. 3 days later they find in not 150 yds from the house almost in 2 pieces he said.

They've never seen that bear before or after. Their daughter is still broke up over it, it was "her" dog.

Woodslasher, holeycow and stillhunter like this.
  12. holeycow

That’s a shame about the dog.

I saw the hind end of a bear cub lying on a trail one day. It was severed cleanly right where the hinds join the back.I assume a boar bear had given it one good swipe and tore that little cub right in two. Lightning swipe.

Oops! Another little story..

Woodslasher likes this.
  13. KiwiBro

KiwiBro Hold my beer and film this...

Got lost in a bush block out the back of some farms a few years back. Followed a river out. No major worries apart from losing an afternoon but sun was shining and no wind so a good day to get lost. Walking along the river bank I notice movement in the tall grass on the other side. Turned out to be a group orgy amongst local hippies who seemed to enjoy putting on a performance for the remainder of the time I was in viewing range. That's something I don't see every day, fortunately.

14. Flint Mitch

Flint Mitch ArboristSite Guru

I had a slightly similar experience only I wasn't lost, just out for a hike. Came up on two girls doing a nude photo shoot probably a good 30 minute walk from anywhere(one was nude, the other taking her pictures). I talked to them a minute, apparently they were employed at one of our local strip joints. I left shortly after, nothing happened. I did have something to think about the rest of the hike!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Woodslasher and TheBrushSlasher like this.
  15. capetrees

capetrees Addicted to ArboristSite

We've got a lot of sand dunes around here. Fall is still a warm time of the year considering the warmer water surrounding us.
    Anyway, while out looking over a swamp looking for deer activity from along side of a steep hill prior to hunting season, I could see across the swamp, 200 yards or so, quite the display.
    Some guy was walking along, buck naked except for his backpack, at the base of the dune along the opposite side of the swamp. Strange but not unbelievable. As he walked along, he apparently walked up on another couple, guy and a girl, that were lying in the dunes, completely naked also, unseen by me prior. They struck up a conversation (couldn't hear them) and a couple of minutes later, backpack comes off and threesome city! She seemed happy to keep both of them happy and they likewise for her for about half an hour. And just like that, apparently they finished and off he went on his merry way, backpack on and back to the parking lot. The couple decided to put their clothes on an walk the other direction, back to their car I guess.

Crazy

Woodslasher and Flint Mitch like this.
  16. capetrees

capetrees Addicted to ArboristSite

And then the time, same swamp, paved path along the side of it where I watch from the hill, where a hunting buddy of mine were walking out after bow hunting.
    I had just finished hunting for the day and came out to the trail and walked up a ways to meet to with my buddy, pitch black. I whistled to locate him and then there was a huge snort. I whistled again, and again, a huge snort. So, of course, I whistled and this time he kinda whispers through the bushes, "don't do it again, huge buck 15' from me, angry, lots or antlers and snorting. You're pissing him off but he's focused on me!" It was too dark and after hours so no shot. I clapped my hands and off the deer went. Buddy was kinda shook up. As we walked down the trail, I noticed out of the corner of my eye green lights in the sky. I didn't say anything considering the circumstances. As we walked, I continued to see the lights but kept quiet. We got to the car and a couple of miles down the road he asks if I saw green lights in the sky! I told him yes but didn't want to freak him out any more than he was! He said the same back to me. Turns out it was the Northern Lights, a number of people saw them that night.

pretty cool

17. TheBrushSlasher

TheBrushSlasher I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.

I found a near mint seven up bottle and a crush soda bottle when I was clearing pine needles on the west side of our cabin, I ran over a valve rack from a large v8, and have found cables and gear pieces from a log donkey that was used the mill that was there in the late 1800s.

Woodslasher and holeycow like this.
  18. old CB

old CB ArboristSite Operative

A little off topic, since I didn't see it . . . but it happened in the woods and it's way unusual. True story I assure you (witnesses).

My father-in-law was an Okie farm boy, big Bohemian chunk of man. He was a crack rifleman in the Army, WWII, though missed seeing action. Despite his skill, he never hunted much, was always too busy on the farm.

His brother-in-law talks him into a day of deer hunting on land that George (my f-in-law) owned. George was out there half the day, saw nothing, got bored, unloaded his rifle and went trekking back toward his pickup truck. He heard a ruckus on the trail behind him, and turned to see a large buck--8? 10-point?--charging up the trail toward him. With no time to load, let alone aim and fire, he figured, "I'm here to get a deer, and here he is." He grabbed the deer and wrestled with it (George was about 240# himself) till he could finally get a knife out and cut its throat.

Only deer he ever killed, in a knife fight.

How he managed to avoid injury--between front hooves and antlers--no one knows. But his brother in law came out--George called to him--and attested to the fact that never a shot was fired, yet George had his buck on the ground bleeding out.

19. TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger Addicted to ArboristSite

I think finding an elk, or a bull in the dense forest of VT is as unlikely as finding Bigfoot.:rolleyes:

TheBrushSlasher and lone wolf like this.
  20. TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger Addicted to ArboristSite

lone wolf likes this.