Stress Head crane ops

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch it geritol guy.....

The tree was planted in 1914, and was two years old at the time...cost, $4.......

I guesstimated that's its mass was ~2% that of the General Sherman giant sequoia......

Bark included, it was 12000 board feet, plus or minus 2000'...The GS is about 600,000

Shows me why I rarely post here anymore. I predate alal you cretins here by years.....and all of ya in experience, save for TV..

Here's a slide show of a little tree we did last summer.....70 yards of chips......2 log truck loads of wood, 158 feet tall, 10.5' at ground level.

Next to last pick was made in wrong place while I was away...rung the overload warning bell on the 90 ton crane...at 27000 lb....The butt piece in the slide show, only 2.5 to 3.5 feet tall, weighed 6500 lb....

The sequoia was the largest tree done in the Puget Sound region in 13 years that I know of, so may well be the largest save for Cali as well in that time frame...

10.5 foot giant sequoia removal

4723883285_5ce57d9b8c_o.jpg

Good one Rog, your post that it....in-keeping with the general sentiment of the thread. So nice of you to drop down to our level!

Glad to see your sense of humour is still in tact.

Re: your photo, you know better than to be standing on slippery stumps now!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back