Stripped drive axle on Simplicity 5212.5

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelhamjeff

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I wonder if anybody here could help me get my old 5212.5 cutting again..2 weeks ago she just stopped pulling. I checked all the simple things and then I removed the transaxle and tore it down. It turns out that the left drive axle is stripped in the side gear of the differential. I actually think the gear is ok but the splines are just gone from the axle itself. I am having trouble finding that axle but hopefully somebody on here has one they would sell. Thanks in advance!

Hi folks, I wonder if anybody here could help me get my old 5212.5 cutting again..2 weeks ago she just stopped pulling. I checked all the simple things and then I removed the transaxle and tore it down. It turns out that the left drive axle is stripped in the side gear of the differential. I actually think the gear is ok but the splines are just gone from the axle itself. I am having trouble finding that axle but hopefully somebody on here has one they would sell. Thanks in advance!
Have you tried the various online sites that advertise large stocks of Simplicity parts?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You could post a message on simple tractors.. a simplicty garden tractor forum.. i have met great folks there.. i have 2 old sunstars. I have had up to 9 tractors at a time , decided to reclaim garage space to play with my old bmw 3 series instead of storing old tractors.

Latest posts

Back