Strunk pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trever

GB mill 076 Super Stihl
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my Big Machete 5.1
I plan on restoring the saw after I research the saw further. Does anyone have Strunk parts or know where any are? Thank you and have a blessed day.

By buddy Dean has one like that. It's everything, but a "speed demon". That thing is slow as molasses with the old tecumseh engine. Yours looks to have a lot of the original paint on it. Looks nice.

Late reply

Thank you. I haven't started my work on this saw yet. I am going to rebuild the West Bend motor (model 700 I think). I will try to make it meaner than original.

Looks like a Harley

I said the same thing when I saw this one the first time. It really does look like a miniature Harley tank on backwards. I can't wait to finish the 3 saws in front of it. I will post pictures as I progress with it. Have a blessed evening and thanks for the interest.

Trever

Might be more cubes

Here are some pictures of my Big Machete 5.1
I plan on restoring the saw after I research the saw further. Does anyone have Strunk parts or know where any are? Thank you and have a blessed day.

I think this might be a 105cc saw and not a 83.5 cc saw!!

Thank you. I haven't started my work on this saw yet. I am going to rebuild the West Bend motor (model 700 I think). I will try to make it meaner than original.

What a cool saw! Hope it sounds and works as good as it looks. Keep us posted on progress please, more pics! :yourock:

105cc!!

Yep... It is 105cc and not the 83.5cc saw. I removed the piston and con-rod today. The piston is soaking at work overnight to remove carbon deposits. I will take pictures tomorrow. The West Bend metal tag says its a model 2736. The serial number of this saw is 363. A low numbered saw.

Check this out!

Look at this piston! I have never saw anything like it. The darn cylinder is all cast one piece!! It will be fun trying to tighten squish up. Good grief. Hope you enjoy the pictures. I plan on painting some on this saw during the weekend. I will probably use TSC farm implement spray paint and primer; Ford red. Have a blessed day.

Back