Stump prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kctree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello guys new to posting on here, been reading for a few years though. We just bought our first stump grinder a couple months ago. Its a vermeer 672a pull type with a 4cylinder wisconsin i think 65-70hp and has the green teeth 1100s on it. Nice runnin machine and really grinds a stump compared to the walk behind vermeer we used to rent. Anyhow, today we ground a very large soft maple stump that was 4.5-5' across the cut. But after we were done we had a hole 8' across trying to get the roots all out below grade. We had our skid and dump trailer there and cleaned all grindings and hauled away. Curious ballpark what you guys would charge for that job? 10minutes from my house so not much travel time.

Hello guys new to posting on here, been reading for a few years though. We just bought our first stump grinder a couple months ago. Its a vermeer 672a pull type with a 4cylinder wisconsin i think 65-70hp and has the green teeth 1100s on it. Nice runnin machine and really grinds a stump compared to the walk behind vermeer we used to rent. Anyhow, today we ground a very large soft maple stump that was 4.5-5' across the cut. But after we were done we had a hole 8' across trying to get the roots all out below grade. We had our skid and dump trailer there and cleaned all grindings and hauled away. Curious ballpark what you guys would charge for that job? 10minutes from my house so not much travel time.
I would say your time is worth at least 60 bucks an hour. Plus maybe a little for travle even thought its close plus little for wear and tear so maybe 80 if you can do it in an hour or less which probly is doable.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Oh, i thought maybe you were joking around. $80 to grind and clean up a 4.5-5' stump and chase roots out to an 8'+ size hole? and do it in an hr?

I got no idea on pricing was just guessing.
What did you charge.
Guy i know if he can get enough in one area he will do them for 30 bucks a stump if not too big. Not cleaning up after. Just the grinding.

Oh i read that wrong too. I thought it said 4.5 to 5 inch. Not feet. Oops

Weve been charging $2.50/inch diameter at ground level from the two widest apart points of root crown visible. Thats just for the grinding. That one measured 75". The stump was left 4' tall so i had to whack that off first and load with skid. And a stump that size pretty well filled our 14' dump trailer with grindings. Around 350-$400 is what the bill will be.

Back