Stupid Human Tricks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean... like talking smack about someone in a forum they can't reply in?

Yeah, that is pretty lame. Glad ya pointed it out.

NeTree said:
You mean... like talking smack about someone in a forum they can't reply in?

Yeah, that is pretty lame. Glad ya pointed it out.
ha ha ha. Something about pots and kettles comes to mind, eh Netree? ;)

Great thread

I had a ton of fun reading this thread ( although i have waisted about 20 minutes to get to the final post) I really hope the best groundman ever comes back. His personification of the word "Ignorance", is truly entertaining. I Still cant believe he was hating on cranes.....A piece of equipment that allows you to pick the tree right out of the backyard and lay it in front of the chipper in the front yard, and this guy says they are useless. You would think that the best groundman would love cranes, no hauling brush; what groundman is against that????

I just had a whole heap of laughs reading this thread.... Can we bring the little dude back just for entertainment value?

man I love to climb, but it's usually how to get the job done the safest and easiest way. and if a crane or bucket truck is in the budget then let's have at it.

fa4e3ffb.jpg

wonder how GM's dad would have gotten that ash tree off the 12/12 slate roof?

Thor's Hammer said:
I just had a whole heap of laughs reading this thread.... Can we bring the little dude back just for entertainment value?
I agree! NeTree had too much fun with that guy. Let somebody else have a turn! Nice pic mike. It's a beautiful thing. ... of course, me and my dad would have ... :laugh:

that was a storm damage. the tree landed just to the right of the chimney. I hooked the strap onto the trunk in two places and then cut the stump free. he lifted it up, spun it and laid it paralel next to the road.
(that's my dad in the pic. he doesn't work with me, just couldn't resist seeing a $1,200 crane)

I didn't do this one, but I got to witness it firsthand. Fella that was with us briefly butthitched a limb that was running out over a vinyl privacy fence. Got there just in time to watch him make a textbook notch and then backcut with cool confidence...only to watch the lead go crashing to the ground inches from that fence. Someone forgot that you have to cut between the half hitches for it to hold to the remaining lead. Luck saved his arse and the fence.

MasterBlaster said:
You're in the wrong forum, brother.

That would be his 'stupid human trick' :angel:

btw, that big european pot warehouse was flooded last week when 90mm rain poored down in two hours :cry: about 5cubic meters clayisch mud had to be shoveld out by hand :p

i'm out beer,chips and cigarettes and going to bed. Cu

Seems to be a lot of emphasis on take downs. Some can be difficult and it is always important to be safe and efficient. But still, I love doing takedowns and 60-70% of them can be performed with little stress. The stressful ones are even more fun just performed more carefully. But I never let takedowns stroke my ego, they are still pretty simple and are not in my opinion the definition of an arborist.

In my limited experience the difficulty in tree care lies in the trees that are still alive and are going to stay that way. Caring for trees, diagnosing their problems, acting as mediator between the trees and the people, treating customers and employees in an ethical and fair manner, always focusing on safety, and making decisions in the best interest of the living trees are where the true challenges lie for me. Take downs are fun and for me are the gravy of the job, but they don't make anybody superior because they can drop a tree faster (9.8 m/s/s)?.

Latest posts

Back