Stupid Human Tricks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called him a nimrod, and now I'm blanketed in guilt. That was not very nice. I would apologize, but he's still a nimrod.

I always thought Nimrod (the son of Cush) was a mighty hunter.

But check this out;

Some fools stole a five gallon jug of diesel off my landscaper neighbors trailer last night. The empty jug was tossed in my front yard, and it looked like they went down the alley.
Sure enough, at the end of the alley, was a abandoned car with diesel spilled around the gas cap. HA! My buddy called the cops.

I saw a stupid human trick today....

We were working at one of our maintenance sites today (remember, I'm a landscaper by trade....), and I just happened to see one of our local tree "service" bucket trucks go past. Not a big deal, he's a hack, but not unusual to see him. Thing was, there were two guys riding on the infeed chute table of the chipper! Granted, the truck was probably moving at less than 10 mph, but it still blows my mind.....

I think that he may have been contracted by the city to do storm clean-up; city residents have been piling up branches along the street for the last few weeks and I think he may have been cleaning those piles up.

This is the same guy that had my blood pressure *really* high a couple of months ago when he just happened to show up to remove a tree at a site we were on. I thought for sure someone was going to die, but I didn't know whether it would be one of us or one of them.....:rolleyes:

Dan

The Best GM said:
Aussie your idea of straight flopping this tree is ignorint and insulting to every body buy ten times what i could EVER doo.

The house would have been destroyed if any one tried to flop it.

gotta love the diagram fall the tree and railway takes it away maybe
:rolleyes:

My worst day was so bad that I hesaitate to bring up the memory of it now as it still makes me sick. I was very new to the business and I had this job taking down a 100' plus cottonwood tree. I had taken down part of it when my bucketman/climber hurt his back and couldn't work for a few days. I ran into a guy who was pretty experienced and used to work for me and now had his own business and we set up a deal to combine forces for this one job. The bucket truck was setup on the east side of the tree and we were pulling a large portion of the trunk to the south, my "partner" (who had convinced me that his 4wd Dodge Dakota was large enough to pull this peice over) cuts the wedge and starts on the back cut when the wind coming from the west and a slight lean to the east combine to start pinching the saw. The Dakota will not pull it over ( did I mention that he is about 30' up in the bucket?) the trunk where he is cutting is about 40" in diameter of which the inner 20" is rotten, because the saw is pinching on the side of the lean he keeps cutting on the west side and completely cuts away the hinge on the west side of the trunk and after about five minutes of him yelling and us trying to pull with the pickup the wind comes up and blows the peice to the east. The peice was probably about 70' long and the bottom of it catches the corner of the platform on the bucket truck, smashing it down through the cab, bending the frame of the truck right in front of left outrigger. My "partner" said no problem that he would buy my truck from me and fix it up, well you know that he renigged on that deal and it took me 3 months to get my truck fixed up, in the mean time I am blowing chips into my pickup, I was not much a climber as I am 51 years old and 230 pounds, however I made it through and learned some valuable lessons about having a vehicle large enough to pull the tree over and trusting other people's judgement.

My worst day was so bad that I hesaitate to bring up the memory of it now as it still makes me sick. I was very new to the business and I had this job taking down a 100' plus cottonwood tree. I had taken down part of it when my bucketman/climber hurt his back and couldn't work for a few days. I ran into a guy who was pretty experienced and used to work for me and now had his own business and we set up a deal to combine forces for this one job. The bucket truck was setup on the east side of the tree and we were pulling a large portion of the trunk to the south, my "partner" (who had convinced me that his 4wd Dodge Dakota was large enough to pull this peice over) cuts the wedge and starts on the back cut when the wind coming from the west and a slight lean to the east combine to start pinching the saw. The Dakota will not pull it over ( did I mention that he is about 30' up in the bucket?) the trunk where he is cutting is about 40" in diameter of which the inner 20" is rotten, because the saw is pinching on the side of the lean he keeps cutting on the west side and completely cuts away the hinge on the west side of the trunk and after about five minutes of him yelling and us trying to pull with the pickup the wind comes up and blows the peice to the east. The peice was probably about 70' long and the bottom of it catches the corner of the platform on the bucket truck, smashing it down through the cab, bending the frame of the truck right in front of left outrigger. My "partner" said no problem that he would buy my truck from me and fix it up, well you know that he renigged on that deal and it took me 3 months to get my truck fixed up, in the mean time I am blowing chips into my pickup, I was not much a climber as I am 51 years old and 230 pounds, however I made it through and learned some valuable lessons about having a vehicle large enough to pull the tree over and trusting other people's judgement.

Stumper said:
A couple of years ago within a few days of one another I: A. Jumped in the truck and backed over the Power Pruner:rolleyes: and B. Towed the chipper home on the pickup that never pulls it. Forgot it was there, wheeled into the drive and threw it in reverse to back up and turn around and jackknifed it into the side of the bed.:rolleyes: Not a good month.

I've had a few clovehitches spin out when lowering chunks (improperly tied of course.)

I cant type I am laughing so f king hard. Thanks for sharing

But it really happened to Mike. It explains SOOOOoooooo much

Stop please. There is no emoticon to express this.

MasterBlaster said:
Thanks for stretching the page.

Not to mention bring something up posted a lllloooooonnnng time ago.

MB, dont pay much attention, the dude is full of hot air. From his words, he grosses 180 grand a year and profits 66% of that. Real likely huh?

I agree, not to mention how long ago did that happen.

I dont hold either of them in high regards, PM me if you want to know why.

Latest posts

Back