Stupid Human Tricks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kenn, Cool that you were able to just nail the boards back up! In the spirit of friendly critique-You could have either opened the face more OR cut the stump near ground level and kept it from bouncing as much. I've butt harnessed a few that I thought would jump or roll-it works but open faces an thick hinges are the real ticket.:angel:

Originally posted by Stumper
Kenn, Cool that you were able to just nail the boards back up! In the spirit of friendly critique-You could have either opened the face more OR cut the stump near ground level and kept it from bouncing as much. I've butt harnessed a few that I thought would jump or roll-it works but open faces an thick hinges are the real ticket.:angel:

Me and him have already talked about that :).

Thanks Justin and Carl, I cut it with a wide a$$ed face cut like I usually do. Where is Murph to back me up on this one? Yeah I could have gone a little lower but I was taught that cutting at waist height is best in case you need to get away from a potential accident. Looking back now I did cut a little deep and didnt leave as much hindge due to the fact that my groundie couldnt pull it over from his perch on top of the garage. Fortunately all things worked out and we got the mission accomplished. I will work on making the lower cuts when ever possible.

Thanks for the tough love guys. \
Kenn
:Monkey:

It's harder to cut low, you get into the root flare and have to bend over. Plus when you cut low, youy need to be more aware of things, to get away from the bouncing stump, if it does bounce.

I wish I were better at GIF drawings, to show what happens with different height and angle notches. Chances are, you wouldn't remeber them until they cost you money and embarassment anyway.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Mike. My sentiments exactly. I could have made the cut a little lower. But Im just not comfortable trying to be that accurate with a cut that Im not used to. The tip hit just where I wanted to, its just the butt end that kicked me in the butt. No pun intended.

Kenn

Forgetting to let go of the rope is pretty dumb! My level of ability is so much higher than 90 percent of the people on here. I wish you could se what we can do.

You Americans need to come to Canada where we do trees for a living not this part time bull. Friend of mine was down south with and was asked to look at a tree that the owner spent 6 years getting prices if the company would even give a price. The going rate was 6 grand, my pal was talking to 3 big outfit tree companies that where all saying i don't know about this tree?

He threw a pull rope in it and had it down in a few minutes and walked away with the 6 g's.

The best climber on here is probably not even half as good as my father. I don't even rope one limb some times when on a tree that some guys here would rope at least 30 or more limbs. My father never comes out af a tree untill its nothing but stem no matter how big and involved it is. Never. NEVER had another climber help out, Never. I can barly keep up to him and i'm in my twenties and hes 50 190 lbs ripped, from climbing, he used to shimmy out of the bucket truck when he was fifteen to get that last limb and for the past 35 years i've NEVER SEEN A BUCKET TRUCK NEER OUR JOB.

Maybe just maybe one of you will actually take the time to ask me to send you some footadge.

I've met your types i've met your best and they are so low on the scale in comparison its not funny. I've seen ???? loads of climbers with great reps that were so awkward compared to my father i could not belive it. Your biggest biggest biggest trees that half of you won't touch, don't even get my fathers attention! My friend said the other day that he was sore from climbing, I said to my self, ya, I geuss you would be, but it never dawned on me, because my father has climbed so much and often that he can go three weeks without climbing and go climb for 5 hour straight and the next day he don't even have one sore muscle. You guys ain't seen any thing like it. and if you had such a love for climbing and trees you would be truly itching to see this machine of a man do some trees, the climbing has made him strong enough to beat ???? steroid freeks at arm wrestling so bad that one said he was Not HUMAN.

If he's as good as you say, why do you feel the need to defend him?

I don't hear anybody attacking him OR you.

But if you feel that way, put your money where your mouth is.

I'm not really defending him, You gotta understand that i see you guys using cranes on ???? that he doesn't even need to rope. Your talking about tree's how they are unforgetable and i've forgot about them when i'm in the truck, I see cranes doing trees that take us 40 min.

But The Best GM/trees company, is it done safely? And in accordance with your applicable Canadian Safety authorities?

(And why are you in INVISIBLE mode?)

I'm sick of seeing guys on here talking about situations and trees, that they got no buisness bringing cranes to, its insulting to me and its SO SIMPLE. THE CRANE NEEDS TO PIC STUFF UP NOT LET IT DOWN. HOW DOES THAT EQUATE, ASK SOME ONE WHAT A CRANE IS FOR AND THEY WILL SAY LIFTING, THATS LIKE USING A %) TONNE HOIST THAT PULLS YOUR DUMP BOX DOWN. THATS WHAT GRAVITY IS FOR. SOME OF YOU GOT NO BUISNESS BEING IN THE BUISNESS USING SOME OF THE CRAP YOU DO. put my money where my mouth is NO prob, How do you think i got by so long never using a crane? AND DOING EVERY TREE NO MATTER THE SIZE OR SPOT. I'm telling you thta some of you need to shoot higher than what a crane will take you!

Well if you're that miserable here, why come here?

What is the applicable Canadian standard?

We have OSHA/ANSI.

Because i llike the buisness and like to talk about it. In any other profession was reading thier profession doing what I consider short cut half ass unnesecary, while people thought they were great. is frusrating. And I would love to see the looks on your faces when you actully saw him in action.

So, let's see. Surely people must be stumbling over themselves to photograph such an aerial magician.

Show you how? You show me. You think a lumberjack comp proves anything? no. Crane removals even less, your using. I go to fix my car and i lift it with my log truck doesn't prove that i know anything. Listen man, We've never even considered a crane, EVER. where some of you always use em every other day. Thats not professional using ???? cranes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back