SUCCESS!!! Just repaired Stihl 045/056 Bosch electronic ignition!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see wires cut off at the filling in the center section and I’m not sure it’s saveable,
Some patient potting removal and careful soldering could salvage that.

I did the fix as well, and i think I have the right capacitor.
You need a capacitor within a limited range of specs. They aren't a common capacitor. Several variants that have proven to work have been posted including the ones in the pic below. Someone posted a good link several months ago from a source in Taiwan with a limited quantity of the Philips chips. I ordered a couple and received them in six days. The rest were gone within a couple of days once the availability became known.

image.jpg

Some patient potting removal and careful soldering could salvage that.

You need a capacitor within a limited range of specs. They aren't a common capacitor. Several variants that have proven to work have been posted including the ones in the pic below. Someone posted a good link several months ago from a source in Taiwan with a limited quantity of the Philips chips. I ordered a couple and received them in six days. The rest were gone within a couple of days once the availability became known.

Thanks for the information but witch one did you order? Because I used that same picture to find the right ones I thought. So now I don’t know anymore haha.
Thanks I hope you can help me.

I don’t get it because I have a nice blue spark but it doesn’t work. Now I ordered the ones foggysail sees the are good so I hope it will work than greetings

The values of the capacitors pictured should be adhered to for the desired results.
Oke so there the good ones? But way doesn’t the saw stay running? Yesterday I started it again and than played with the throttle than it runs for a little bit more but than fals dead again and can’t start it again!
So I have no idea anymore haha
I hope you van help me
Thanks for the help anyway

Carb adjustments maybe? Try it again. If it starts and attempts to run but dies, check for spark. If there's still good spark and the timing is close, I'd say you're looking at a fuel delivery problem..., provided you also have good compression and aren't overlooking a scored piston/cylinder or something else inhibiting combustion -- like a massive air leak.

Yeah I will try that with the carb,
Al the other stuff is still good.
Compression on 150ps
Piston is like new,
So I hope there’s something with the feul.
I will check idt out en let you know

I tried adjusting of the ignition and checked if there was nice blue spark.

I have old the time nice blue spark, and the plug is wet al the time.
Its runs today 1sec and after that nothing anymore.
I think I will wait on the new capacitor, because I don’t know anymore.

Has anybody tried the "FIX"?
hoping to try it soon... my saw been sitting a long time... but I'm retired now..
just need to go through and find the specs for the capacitor.
also (not sure where to post this) but if anyone needs a cheap little flywheel puller these things works great..
https://www.treatland.tv/puch-bosch-flywheel-puller-p/puch-bosch-flywheel-puller.htm (fits two internal thread sizes) 26mm x 1.5mm on one side and 22mm x 1.5mm on the other
they also make a 19mm one
1594444481040.png

I was able to complete this capacitor replacement on a Dolmar 123. Everything including the timing advance works. Thanks for the time to figure this repair out....I have several Echo CDI units that need looking into!!! Plus, I have about 20 of these Bosch units that I'm going to try and save!!!

Hello from Romania. Just completed the first test of this fix on a Dolmar 120. Nice blue spark rotating the saw with the drill. I have to asemble the saw and see if it runs. Thanks Foggy!!! Thanks a lot. I'm now a little smarter.

Russian Ural chainsaw elecrtonic ignition.

Attachments

• 1596898361569273421350.jpg
    1596898361569273421350.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • 15968984038901452982365.jpg
    15968984038901452982365.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Hi guys, I have read a number of comments about people checking the timing with lights and circuit testers etc, but the saw has timing lines.. there is one timing line notched into the ignition module plate and another on the case half. Either I’m missing something or you guys are. Just align the two and you’re good. You guys would have seen them if you cleaned your saws every once in a while :laugh:

Latest posts

Back