Suggestions on taking this tree down

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John DiNatale

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been cutting down this multi-trunk tree, and was hoping for some advice on how to approach this trunk.

There were 5 other trunks I've already removed. I need a 3 foot staging to reach this, but I think I'd rather remove the stumps in front of it. That would require vertically ripping through it, and I don't know if that is a good way to go.

Thanks,
Dino

Attachments

• multiTrunk.jpg
    multiTrunk.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 128
How did the other two of the same size and height of cut go for you? If well, then what has you concerned about the remaining one. I can't judge from the picture what the difference would be.

Ron

Looks like a good place to cut a few stair steps to cut off of, cut the one larger section off if you feel you need them take care of the other three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trees are above our vegetable garden. Over the years I tried cutting branches off, but they need to come down. It also opens up space going into the woods, we have 4 1/4 acres of land on our lot.

Thanks for the suggestion on the stair steps, I'll search for that on youtube.

Steps are just flat spots for you to stand on, likely no vids about that, fairly common practice here in the land of tall stumps.

Only thing i can say about that multi stem tree, would be to take your time and work through the easy stuff first, the more you get out of the way the better view and easier solution

Are you worried about the last stem on the big stump where you have already removed several stems? I'd take the remaining stem down (just like you have the others) then cut the big stump before moving to the last couple stems. Not sure I see where you would be vertically ripping.

Back