suggestions on wood stove or outdoor furnace/boilers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out Central Boiler,

Heat 2600 sg ft house unfinished basement,also DHW Keep it at 72 during the day 70 at night. Love it! It's a e-classic 1400 EPA approved
Depending on the wood and the winter temps 6 to 8 cords for me better the wood and more seasoned the less you will use.

Good luck

we are looking into buying a wood stove or outdoor furnace. our house is a small two story, very open old farm house. i don't think it would be hard to heat with an indoor wood stove, but have not decided if that is the route we are taking yet. looking for tips, brands, or other helpful hints. also, is it best to buy a stove/furnace new or used (less expensive)?

Hi Seals:

I don't have an OWB so I can speak to that, but I do have an indoor wood stove in my living room. It heats my whole 1200 square foot manufactured home nicely. Needs no electricity. Cost me $2800, installed. I burn 5 cords a year. I don't know how it would work for your circumstances, but there are stores you can go to and get some advice. Just be aware that they're gonna try to sell you "their" product, so look around.

Here's a video of my wood splitter set-up, but right at the end you'll see my wood burner in the living room. My lp furnace is turned down to 45 degrees and never kicks in. I save $1500 a year in LP gas. I've had my stove for 8 years. So I've saved $12,000.

Don <><

[video=youtube;dmfQqgVPyyk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmfQqgVPyyk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
You didn't mention the chimney situation . What is it ? Can you use existing chimney , or will you have to put one up ? Several diff factors come into play here .

Latest posts

Back