Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John is the biggest/best slacckker but keeps this thread active. Bambi likes radio, tuned slightly off station, the static is a new sound they really can`t resist checking out. If the rain holds off I might get another load of wood hauled tonight after work.

That or an idling tractor in a field. Had many wander out to see what's going on.

Between my dads house and grandfathers house it took 40 or more cord of firewood, it took a lot of my spare time to collect up and split/ pile that mush wood each year.
It's a great thing you do that!! Got wood for my father's barn and house for years until my mother went down hill with the Parkinson's!
Great also both your father and grandfather are still alive to help out!!

Evening bump, put off hauling wood tonight, next load will be with this,

73681afd-9d4c-4eb7-a590-c75ee3988597.jpg

Thing I seen dumps it right into the truck , put the log on there and done . Stack it after ya dump it . Hate to think what it cost for that machine ! LOL

That`s how the big processors work, I have run one that takes full length tree trunks, loaded by a grapple loader. One trunk at a time feeds into the trough that has the cutoff bar n chain, advances one stove length stick at a time, pre set length. The block drops off into the splitter ram, gets pushed through the 6 way splitter blades and drops onto the conveyor that sends it up, may fall right into a dump truck box or just let it pile itself into a cone shaped heap.

Yep...Shop day......not a lot to do...got 4 pieces of copper corner/ridge caps to bend up to make the last two corners.......then may have time to finally unload my saws from the saw box used to get to leeha's GTG , clean and put them all away, then disassemble the box...good day for that!!!

Latest posts

Back